chapter 1

"Here you go, sweetie... Have a good time tonight..." Michelle handed her daughter an old childhood story book from when she was younger. "I also hope Edmond enjoys it... Tell his parents I said hi and we should have them for dinner sometime."

"Sure, Mom." Cherry nodded as she took the book, placing it in her bag.

"Oh, and be careful, I hear a storm might be coming tonight." Michelle warned her daughter.

"Okay, Mom!" Cherry called as she zipped up her bag, walking off to go to a farmland home to babysit tonight.

"Wait for us!" Atticus called.

"Yeah!" Patch called out.

"Easy... Easy..." Cherry said to Patch as they walked to the farm home. 

"What's the book about?" Patch asked.

"Something about a rooster bringing the sun up and down..." Cherry shrugged.

"Cool." Atticus and Patch said in unison.

"I dunno..." Cherry shrugged as she walked with them.

There was a blonde boy, wearing pajamas already despite it being in the middle of the afternoon and close to dinner time. 

"There's Edmond." Cherry pointed out.

Edmond's mother was feeding corn to the chickens, she looked over, smiled and waved. "Hi, there!"

"Hi, Mrs. Ganger," Cherry walked to her, then noticed the older boys. "Hi, Mark, hi, Scott."

They waved and noticed Atticus and Patch.

"Does he track?" Mark asked, observing the Dalmatian puppy.

"Yeah, he can and is also very adventurous." Atticus said.

"Dogs are great, we oughta get a new one sometime soon." Scott grinned.

"Um, why is Edmond in his pajamas, Mrs. Granger?" Cherry asked. "The sun's not even down yet."

"Oh, I'm sorry, dear, Edmond had the chicken pox last week, he should be fine by tomorrow though," the mother explained. "And call me Dory, your mother and I went to school together."

"Okay." Cherry shrugged.

"Come on in." Dory walked them inside the house to show them around, telling them instructions and reminded them that Edmond wanted a story before bedtime.

And that's what all three of them did, so then they wouldn't waste another minute.

"Hopefully there's enough leftover ham and potatoes for you all, Edmond's bedtime is at 9:00, and we should be back before morning... I also hope your dog is trained." Dory said.

"Don't worry, he is." Atticus promised.

"Hm... Is there anything else...?" Dory wondered.

Dory's husband Frank came in. "Come on, Dory, we better get ready to go."

"Alright... Have a good evening all of you." Dory smiled as she went to join her husband.

Mark and Scott grumbled as they were dragged along since they weren't sick like Edmond.

"Yes, ma'am." Atticus said.

"Where's your TV?" Cherry asked.

"No TV, all we have is a radio, sorry." Dory said as she grabbed her coat.