Chapter 1:

Madison Bailey as Bonnie

Pedro Pascal as Joel

<~...Present day...~>

"Marlene come on, I'm obviously not infected just let me go" Bonnie pleaded pulling on the hand cuff that bound her to a chain that was attached to an old rusted radiator. The clang the hand cuff made her cringe internally as she felt the paint flake off and fall on her sleeve. "I'm sorry ok this is bigger than the both of us Bon I have to keep you here" "please just let me go I won't tell anyone where you are I swear!" She begged but Marlene shook her head. Pacing in front of her. "That's not the point Bonnie you were infected" "but I'm fine now! It's cool, look" the young girl pulled her sleeve back to reveal the mark that was embedded under her skin.

The spiral infection looked the same it did the day she got it. The skin was the same colour it had always been. Nothing had changed. "That's the point bonnie you're cured! You can help other people" "don't I get a fucking choice in this? I want to go home" "you don't have a home" the younger girl narrowed her eyes and pulled harder on the handcuff, switch blade in hand that had the words 'Every ending is a new beginning' carved into the wooden handle.

"You fucking asshole let me go!" Marlene stared at her blankly, "count slowly and clearly from one to ten" "fuck you" Bonnie hissed narrowing her eyes at the woman. "Bonnie-" she warned to which the young girl replied "123456789..oh god what comes after 9" she exaggerated and Marlene rolled her eyes. Before Marlene could ask the next question Bonnie stuck her arm out "state your name" "your moms side piece. Are we done here?" Marlene didn't reply,
instead she walked out of the room. "FUCK YOU, YOU BITCH!" She yelled after her trying one last time to pull against the metal around her wrist but gave up due to the burning sensation it caused. She angrily kicked the empty plate a few feet away from her as she sat on the dusty floor.

The room was small with peeling off paint, dusted rotten floor boards and some exposed ceiling. Bonnie was sick and tired of being trapped in the same room day after day. They had no right to keep her here, she didn't know these people, she only managed to pick up Marlene's name because she heard some other firefly members call her that.