5

October 31st 1974

"HAPPY HALLOWEEN HOGWARTS" Fabian and Gideon came flying through the great hall on their brooms confetti flying in the air.

The students below cheered and yelled for the boys.

Everyone at Hogwarts loved Halloween, it seemed as if there were no exceptions.

Peter laughed and cheered while the other three boys watched in awe.

Ella laughed and watched them fly out the great hall still bustling with excitement.

She looked around the room and her eyes landed on Regulus.

He was sitting at the Slytherin table eating his breakfast with an unamused look on his face.

He looked up and saw Ella watching him. His eyes narrowed and she looked away, her cheeks burning.

She huffed and grabbed her bag getting up from her seat.

"See you in class" she mumbled to the boys before leaving the hall.

Why did she let him upset her like this. Why did he get under her skin.

She brushed past Gideon and Fabian as they entered the great hall big smiles on their face as they were met with applause.

"Oi where's the fire?" Gideon teased but Ella just kept walking.

She stomped down the hall stuck in her head

"What's got your knickers in a twist?"
Ella sighed and paused for a moment before she turned to face Regulus.

"Why do you care?" She shot back
"You ask me loads of questions, I'm not allowed to ask you any?"

"You're allowed to do whatever you like" she snapped

"So what's your deal?" He asked again
"Non of your business" she shot back
"Doesn't matter anyway, we aren't friends...as you so kindly pointed out"

"Ohh so that's it" he said a smug smile on his face

"Fuck off" Ella said rolling her eyes and turning around.

Regulus stepped forward and put his hand on her shoulder.

"Don't touch me" she said pushing his hand away.

"Everything alright?" Fabian's voice made them both jump.

He looked down at Ella and their eyes met momentarily
"Fine" Regulus said shortly.

"Didn't look like it" Fabian insisted looking between the two.
"I'm fine" Ella said quietly

Fabian nodded but took a step closer to her. Regulus looked between them and scoffed.

"Oh I understand" he said dryly
"Understand?" She asked confused

"You two" he said looking at the pair
"I'll leave you to it then" he said before walking off towards the dungeon.

"You looked upset when you were leaving breakfast and I just.... I want to make sure you were alright" Fabian explained after a long stretch of silence.

Ella looked down at her feet, horribly embarrassed.

"Thanks" she whispered. They stood there quietly for a few more moments.

"Guess I'll see you at practice then" he said shuffling his feet slightly.

Fabian walked back towards the great hall and she stood frozen in her place.

The whole day had been ruined for Ella. It was Halloween but she wasn't feeling festive anymore.

She sat through her classes but didn't engage. She didn't want to talk to any of her friends.