Chapter; Six

Kunikuzushi glared at the message on the wall with the bridge of his nose scrunched, an obvious angered expression. Kazuha stood agape as he looked upon the apartment. "It seems we will have to find another place to reside in for the moment." Kunikuzushi grit his teeth and scowled, his temper getting worse each second his eyes lay upon the sentence scratched into the wall.

Kazuha sighed and picked up all of the items that were supposed to be packed for the trip to Sumeru. "Are you going to the bank tomorrow evening? If you will, I won't stop you." Kunikuzushi remained unresponsive as he stood by the doorway. Kazuha questioned him no further and merely cleaned up the apartment in silence. Eventually, Kunikuzushi averted his attention from the wall and began helping Kazuha in tidying the place.

By the time they finished, both were fatigued and the moon had already begun making its descent into the distant horizon. "We can stay in Liyue for a bit longer if you want to go to the Northland Bank." Kazuha suggested while Kunikuzushi sat against the wall, blocking the Fatui's message. "As soon as I'm finished 'talking' with them, we're leaving Liyue." Kunikuzushi already knew they wouldn't just be talking. It wasn't the Fatui's style to just converse casually with a traitor.

Kazuha placed the bag of luggage and food meant for travel on one of the tables that weren't as damaged as the others. He then sat beside Kunikuzushi and soon fell asleep in the sitting position. Kunikuzushi simply contemplated whether to go to Northland Bank or to flee Liyue. He sat and waited for the sun to rise, and whilst waiting he felt a weight on his left shoulder. Kazuha had leaned towards Kunikuzushi in his sleep, the puppet being too tired and angry to care.

When the sun lit the early morning sky, Kunikuzushi had placed Kazuha on the bed to rest while the puppet made breakfast. He made a singular bowl of Unagi Chazuke, an Inazuman dish. Such dish consisted of rice, green tea and grilled unagi fillets. Kunikuzushi scooped rice into a bowl, lightly pouring fresh green tea over it until half of the bowl was filled with the hot liquid. He then used some chopsticks to place the grilled unagi fillet in the centre of the rice, sprinkling some grated seaweed over the surface as seasoning.

Placing the bowl on a small table with black chopsticks placed beside the bowl, Kunikuzushi slipped a note in neat writing under the chopsticks saying: 'I'll be out for a while. Eat this when you wake up.' When he finished setting up the table and food, Kunikuzushi silently left and closed the door, locking it with the keys that came with the apartment. He cautiously looked around before pulling the purple veil over his head further down so that half of his face was not visible.

Walking along the road, barely anyone was present since it was still early dawn. The only people that were awake aside from Kunikuzushi were a few store owners and the Fatui. The puppet bought from certain stores and planned to give the items to Kazuha before he would leave. Perhaps it would be best for Kunikuzushi not to unnecessarily hurt the boy in the midst of the Fatui's wrath against him.

Kunikuzushi planned to leave Kazuha in Liyue without even so much as a goodbye. If he left Liyue and led the Fatui with him, then maybe there was a chance that no one would have to suffer due to Kunikuzushi's wrongdoings. Returning to the apartment, Kunikuzushi felt himself being watched from afar. Whoever it was, it was certainly more than one person. Walking down a different route from his shared residence, the puppet thought it to be best if the stalkers weren't led directly to the vulnerable Kazuha sleeping in peace.

Upon reaching a dead end, Kunikuzushi turned towards the opening in which he came through and demanded the unknown people to reveal themselves. Expecting a group of mere Fatui agents to ambush him, he was met with surprise upon seeing the Second of the Eleven Fatui Harbingers himself, The Doctor — Il Dottore.

A/N
Imagine being dead for a month and a half because you were hit with severe writer's block, couldn't be me. Could never be me.

Okay but like, I've been really racking my non-existent brain for ideas on how to write the next chapters and instead come up with a singular thought: procrastination is cool

And aside from that, I've had some issues with publishing this due to having not verified my WattPad so it has come out late.

And Highschool sucks ass

Signing off, Jam.Official (J4m0ffici41)