Balls,Balls,Balls!

In her carriage preparing for a dreadful evening, Hana felt her stomach flutter. These types of events had never been something she looked forward to, and yet she couldn't help but feel some sort of excitement. Something new in this dreary city was nice.As Hana exited the carriage, she began to have the feeling of someone's eyes on her.As though she was being followed with nothing but the hairs raising on the back of her neck. She shook off the feeling and continued to proceed into the foyer. One thing was for certain... Lady Danbury knew how to capture a persons eyes. With a chandler the first thing to see in combination with marble black floors and hints of red accents, Hana began to see why this women was powerful. Hana dreamed to own a home of such grandeur one day. First she had to acquire a husband who could provide her with such extravagances and her mother was determined to find said man.
"Oh Hana, what a lovely home is it not?"
Her mother only seemed to be mildly impressed with the decor.
" Yes mother, it is lovely, one day I too should hopefully have a home such as this"
" Oh Hana, you will have better, trust in me and I can make this and so much more happen"
As we entered the ballroom, people whispered and looked at us as if we were almost dangerous. Well with my mother there I would say that assumption was true. Never cross a mamma on a mission for her daughters success. As we were galavanting about, we were spotted by lady Danbury.
" Ah Lady Lee, just the women I was looking for."  Lady Danbury said with a relaxed manner one would not suspect that she was the most intimidating and compelling women imaginable.
"Lady Danbury, what a honor it is to finally meet you, you have quite a lovely home indeed."
" Yes well some like to dazzle and aw at the extravaganza, me personally I like to simply promenade in the parks but we must keep our status in afraid, plus traditions must be upheld should we be able to. And this must be Miss Lee is it?"
I was almost too nervous to look into her eyes as she glanced at me.
" Yes ma'am, it is lovely to make your acquaintance."
" Come now girl no need to be so uptight, relax and enjoy your first night. For you never know what may happen in the future. Best to relax while you can."
" Yes ma'am"
"Now I must take my leave, so try the champagne, bubbly's always seem to lighten me up" With those words she made her exit.
"Now come Hana, we mustn't keep the men waiting"

~Time Skip because I don't want to write the boring conversations Hana had to endure, let's just say that all of them were not pleasant.~

Hana began to dread the next man to walk up to her and ask her for a dance. None could do more then simply stare and talk about their greatest achievements in business or what they wanted in a women, or give her critical looks when she spoke with a accent.
" So,what did you think of Lord Ellington?"
"He was as about daft as the last one. Mother just we do this? Can't I wait another season, once I can see who the real possible matches are? So far all of these men have been nothing but business and bustling about a women."
"Silence Hana, you never know who's ears are listening. You haven't even given these men a fair chance..."
As she spoke, Hana didn't listen for she had spotted a familiar silhouette across the ballroom. It was that man... what was he doing here.
"Hana, are you even listening to me?"
"Yes mother I was. And I will try and give them a chance."
"Thank you, now come, I'm so parched I could faint."

And with that this chapter comes to a close, thank you for being here and please keep on reading if you want more of the Duke of Hastings!