LEVEL 37 - "Izuku vs Shinso!"

Start from the beginning

Cementoss makes a chair out of cement, sitting down on it, "I'll stop anyone who tries to get too rough."

Izuku exhales slowly, trying to calm his nerves as he stares down at his hands

"So you can just give up, huh?" Shinso says, making Izuku look over at him, "In a way, this is a test of how strong your spirit is. If you know what you want your future to hold for you, you can't worry about what other people think."

"Ready?"

"That monkey was going on about his pride earlier." Shinso continues, rolling. His eyes.

"Begin!"

"But I think he's just an idiot for throwing away his chance like that." Shinso comments boredly.

Izuku grits his teeth as he starts to storm towards the taller male, "Don't you dare talk about him that way—!"

Shinso grins widely as Izuku freezes, not moving a single muscle.

Ojiro groans from up in the stands, "I warned him not to say anything!"

"Moron..." Y/n commented coldly, but the worry was still clear in her tone.

"The fight has just begun and Izuku Midoriya is... completely frozen? He's not moving a muscle! And what's with that look on his face? Could this be a quirk at work? Hitoshi Shinso seems to have Izuku Midoriya completely stunned!"

"He didn't stand out in the first rounds at all, but it's possible Shinso's crazy powerful! Who could've imagined this turn of events? That's the Festival for ya!"

"This is a perfect example on why the entrance exam isn't rational."

"Huh? Why's that?"

"Since we're on to the individual matches, I had some information compiled about our final competitors. Shinso failed the practical exam to get into the hero course. Since he also applied for general studies, he probably figured that this would happen. His quirk is incredibly strong, but that entrance test consisted of fighting faux villains. Robots. It gave a huge advantage to those who had physical superpowers they could show off. Despite his abilities, Shinso never stood a chance at passing."

E/c eyes stayed trained onto the two males in the ring, partly listening to what Aizawa and Mic said while the majority of her focus was on the two students.

"So here we are. You're lucky to have been so blessed, Izuku Midoriya. Now turn around and walk out of bounds. Like a good little hero." Shinso orders as Izuku turns around, slowly walking.

"Uh— What?! Midoriya's obeying him!"

"Oh, no, Deku, what are you doing?" Uraraka exclaims worriedly, standing up and leaning over the railing.

"He can't walk out of the ring! He'll lose the match if he does!" Iida chops his hand up and down.

"..." Y/n watches worriedly as Izuku nears the edge of the ring, nails digging into her palm.

"Even with a quirk like this, I have my own dream of becoming a great hero. So, lose for me." Shinso orders as Izuku has no reply, continuing to walk out of the ring.

Izuku raises his foot to take the last step out of the ring, when suddenly a cloud of smoke surrounded them. Y/n's eyes widen in response, glancing around as her gaze stays firmly on Izuku who was panting, seemingly in control of his own body again.

"What's this?! Midoriya stopped just in time!"

Y/n let's put a breath of relief as the crowd cheers for the boy.

"How'd you do that?!" Shinso demands as Midoriya simply glares back at him.

Shinso's face contorts into one of annoyance. He won't answer.. Did he figure it out? No. He's known. That monkey must have told him. I have to get him to talk again.

"Come on, say something." Shinso grins at the boy doesn't reply.

The grin falls off the taller boys face, "I didn't know you had so much power in your fingers. I'm kind of jealous of you."

Woah—? Keep it PG-13 here, buddy...

"Thanks to the way my quirk works, I've always been at a big disadvantage. But someone as blessed as you wouldn't understand that!"

Y/n frowns, she didn't have too much of an issue with the boy, at first. He seems to self-victimize himself way too much, acting as if he was the only one with a hard life...

Izuku runs towards Shinso who only seems to grow more panicked and angry.

"You're lucky enough to have a heroic quirk! It'll be so easy for you to reach your goal!" Shinso yells before he was suddenly pushed back.

Izuku pushes Shinso back, the purple haired boy panicking, "Say something, damnit!"

Shinso raises his fist, punching Izuku right in the face as Izuku opens one eye, glaring up at him.

I can't lose this. Izuku thought firmly, I'll do it for them!

Shinso gasps, looking behind himself to see he's nearing nearing the line.

He delivers a punch towards Izuku's hand with the broken bones.

Izuku grunts in pain, grabbing his arm as Shinso pushes the boy behind him and moves forward.

"You've gotta be kidding me!" Shinso hisses, aiming to push Izuku out of the ring again, "Get out of this ring, you lucky brat!"

Shinso was almost able to push him out, but suddenly the green-haired boy flung the other over his shoulder and out of the ring.

"No! I refuse to let this be the end!"

█▒▒▒▒▒█ ◈ █▒▒▒▒▒█

LOGGING OFF !