xvii. worthy of you

Start from the beginning

"that's new," pope said shaking his head.

"she's your friend now?" kie asked. "what was all that talk from you all about you were just using her for information? get a map, cut her loose."

"you said you were using me?" sarah asked briar and john b, obviously offended.

"no," john b said quietly.

"yes, we did," briar shook her head. "i'm not a liar."

"yeah, you did," pope agreed. "you said those things."

"i heard it," holly nodded. the younger valentine didn't much care who's side she was on. she was just hear for a good time and some gold.

"look, cut the bullshit, john b," kie said seriously. "if she's in, i'm out."

"i'm not doing this. briar needs her. i can't," john b insisted.

"you are going to decide," kie snapped. "i'm very interested, actually. me or her?"

"both," john b responded quickly. pope whistled.

"went for the hail mary," jj chuckled.

"he's fucked," holly shook her head. kie shook her head and ran off the porch. "kiki!" holly followed her quickly.

jj and pope tutted at the routledge boy.

"it'll be cool, right?" sarah let out a hollow laugh. "i'm gonna leave. gonna let y'all chat. let me know." the cameron girl walked off the porch.

"i'd just like to say, you handled that beautifully," jj remarked. briar laughed.

"i'm going inside to take a nap," the pregnant teen announced before standing up. "pear's making me exhausted."

john b sighed as every woman in his life walked away from him.

🃏

holly valentine would be the first person to admit that kiara carrera was hot. really hot.

but she was also funny. and kind. and amazing. and holly wasn't sure she'd ever liked someone so much. but she did, and here she was, consoling the girl she liked on a dock because her friend was being an asshole.

if you went through the intricacies of the pogues' relationships with the valentine family, you'd have pages and pages worth of discoveries. but all holly had been thinking about was kiara.

"he totally sucks," holly rubbed kie's back as the brunette girl's shoulders shook.

"i hate john b right now," kie sniffed, leaning into holly.

"i would too," holly sympathized. "you're totally allowed to feel like this. he shouldn't be leaving you behind for sarah. no matter how much my sister wants her there."

"you get me," kie sniffled into holly's black band t shirt. "look, i just hate him because i know how this ends. i've seen this movie. i starred in it. i mean, freshman year, it was my first year at the kook academy. you know how intimidating that is? and one of these things is obviously not like the other."

holly held kie's hands and turned to face her. even crying her eyes out, she was gorgeous.

"i mean, i didn't have anything in common with anyone, and just as i'm about to slit my wrists," kie admits. "the queen asks me if i wanna go save baby sea turtles. our first day together, we walked to the beach. we waited for the hatch, and we kept the seagulls off so that the turtles could get to the water."

"you're amazing," holly whispered.

"it was the best day of my life," kie admitted. "and then she turned on me like she does with everyone. look, i'm not doing this with her. i don't care if she's your cousin. i won't do this, not even for you, holl. he's gonna have to choose."

"he's an idiot," holly slid closer to kie. "a total idiot. but, he's head over heels in love with my sister for some weird fucking reason. and his choice may not be the one you're looking for." kie nodded. she knew holly was right, no matter how much she wished she wasn't.

"he makes me so mad," kie groaned, laughing through her tears.

"i'd choose you," holly whispered. "even with briar and john b and that baby. i would choose you, kie."

"thanks," kie whispered, bringing herself closer to holly. holly's eyes were bright, clear blue. ocean full of life blue. sky full of clouds blue. so, so blue.

"you deserve the fucking world, kiara," holly brought her hand up to kie's face. "nobody on earth is worthy of you."

"you are," kie whispered. and then, agonizingly slow, kie brought her lips to holly's. and pope hayward stopped walking towards them and promptly turned around.

holly kissed kie back quickly, pulling herself closer. "i have wanted to kiss you since the day we met," holly admitted.

"then keep going," kie whispered as holly wiped the tears from kie's pale brown skin.

kie kissed holly harder, pulling the blonde girl up into her lap. "i'm obsessed with you," holly mumbled against her lips.

"i'm obsessed with you too," kie said into holly's mouth.

pope hayward ran inside to tell the boys.

SADIE SPEAKS!
word count: 1191
YESS!! ty to everyone
on my message board
who voted for holly &
kie to be together bc
i am OBSESSED!!

SADIE SPEAKS!word count: 1191YESS!! ty to everyoneon my message board who voted for holly &kie to be together bc i am OBSESSED!!