Dale Horvath

DALE HORVATH

ACTOR:
Jeffrey DeMunn
GENDER:
Male
HAIR:
White/Grey
AGE:
64
OCCUPATION:
Pensioner (pre)
FAMILY:
Irma- Wife (deceased)
FIRST APPEARANCE:
"Days Gone Bye"
LAST APPEARANCE:
"Judge, Jury, Executioner"
DEATH EPISODE:
"Judge, Jury, Executioner"
CAUSE OF DEATH:
Carl Grimes (indirectly caused)
Fatally wounded by a walker on Hershel Greene's farm (alive)
Shot in the head by Daryl Dixon (out of mercy)
STATUS:
Dead
SERIES LIFESPAN:
"Days Gone Bye" to "Judge, Jury, Executioner"
ETHNICITY:
Caucasion-American
KILLED VICTIMS:
Numerous counts of zombies
RELATIONSHIPS:

ANDREA
"Too bad. You don't get to do that, to...to come into somebody's life, make them care and then just check out."
-Dale persuading Andrea not to go through wirh killing herself.

AMY
"You are so weird."
-Amy to Dale.

SHANE WALSH
"I know what kind of man you are."
-Dale to Shane.

GLENN RHEE
"I let him down."
-Glenn to Andrea following Dales death.

JIM
"Thanks for...for fighting for us."
-Dale to Jim before he turns.

T-DOG
"You can't be serious. Am I missing something? Those two cowboys have done alright by us and if I'm not mistaken that redneck went out of his way to save your ass more than once."
-Dale to T-Dog.

MORALES
"You are a welcome sight."
-Dale to Morales when he returns from Atlanta.

RICK GRIMES
"Dale could...could get under your skin. He sure got under mine, because he wasn't afraid to say exactly what he thought, hiw he felt. That kind of honesty is rare and brave. Whenever I'd make a decision, I'd look at Dale. He'd be looking back at me with that look he had. We've all seen it one time or another. I couldn't always read him, but he could read us. he saw people for who they were. He knew things about us... the truth, who we really are. In the end, he was talking about losing our humanity he said this group was broken. The best way to honor him is to unbreak it, set aside our differances and pull together, stop feeling sorry for ourselves and take control of our lives... our safety...our future. We're not broken. We're gonna do it his way. That is how we honor Dale."
-Rick talking about Dale at hus funeral.

LORI GRIMES
"This place is going to hell."
-Dale to Lori.

CARL GRIMES
"Dale. It's my fault that he died. I saw that walker. I was ginna shoot it. When he was stuck in the mud. I was--I was throwing rocks and stuff. But I was gonna do it--shoot it right In thw head. And it--got free, came after me and I ran away. If I had killed it, Dale would still be here."
-Carl to Shane regarding Dale.

CAROL PELETIER
"If the RV is staying, I am too."
-Dale offering to stay at the highway to wait for Sophia.

SOPHIA PELETIER
"Imagine if you applied your tracking skills to finding Sophia. "
-Dale to Shane while in the swamps.

DARYL DIXON
"Sorry, brother...."
-Daryl to Dale before he mercy kills him.

MERLE DIXON
"I never like lending tools. The last time I did--and yes I am talking about you--lets just say your bag of guns wasn't the only bag that was dropped. My tools got left behind with Merle."
-Dale to Rick and T-Dog.

HERSHEL GREENE
"With all due respect, you are cut off from the outside world here. But I've seen people that I care about die and come back, and they're not people."
-Dale to Hershel talking about tje undead kept in Hershel's barn.