He gulped, forcing his eyes away, pushing out all the vulnerability from his face.

"What have you done to her?" he let out an angered sigh, his fists curling by his sides.

"She's just asleep. Fine, for now." Sophie crossed her arms. "She was being too violent, so we had to. Otherwise, she was all fit for a reunion."

"Speak your final terms, now." Elijah interrupted before Nikalus could react to Sophie's words. "We're all willing to listen."

"I've already told you what we want. Marcel and his vampires out of the city."

"And, then I'll rule the city," said Klaus loudly, "and you witches' condition will be much worse."

"You're playing a losing gamble, Ms. Deveraux." Elijah smiled at her, nothing friendly, "replacing Marcel with Klaus will be ten times worse, I assure you."

"Oh, please, he won't be able to control us like Marcel does. He doesn't have his weapon. Nobody even knows what it is."

"You think I'll let you all live?" Klaus chuckled superciliously.

"The life of Lucy and your child is controlled by us. Let me tell you that anything that you do to me happens to her too. The spell my sister did, not only confirmed the pregnancy, but linked Lucy to me. Don't believe me? Then watch."

Sophie pulled out a hair pin from her hair, and pricked her finger harshly.

"Go on." she shrugged. "Check her hand."

Niklaus stepped forward reluctantly, crouching by her side, as he slowly took her hand which was resting on her stomach, and looked at the wound on her forefinger, exactly like the one on Sophie's finger.

"This is idiocracy." Klaus clenched his jaw, pressing at her wound to stop the blood flow.

"Do you realise how grave a mistake you're making, Sophie?" Elijah said calmly. "You can lose everything."

"I'll kill every single one of these witches." Klaus seethed, standing up to face the Deveraux sister. "Then, I'll see how fast you'll unlink yourself from her."

"Go on." she shrugged, as other witches gasped lowly in the background. "I don't care. I've already lost everything. My sister is dead. I have literally nothing left to lose. So, go on, kill them all and then watch me kill myself and suffer the consequence. She won't even live long enough to see her first maternity dress."

Klaus squared his shoulders, feeling the reality set in, as he shared a long look with Elijah.

"I'll end this now. I'll kill Marcel myself." Elijah said firmly, unbuttoning his coat.

"No, we can't." Sohpie shook her head. "We have a clear plan that we have to follow and we have rules."

"How dare you command me!?" Klaus breathed out in anger. "Threaten me with what you wrongly perceive to be my weakness?!"

"Everyone knows what your wife means to you, Mr. Mikaelson. No need for fooling us."

"Not the wife." Elijah cleared his throat, cutting through the awkward air, as Klaus clenched his jaw.

"Well, we just assumed from that ring on her finger." Sophie cleared her throat. "Anyway, do you agree with the terms or not?"

Elijah looked at Niklaus, whose eyes were busy hovering onto the ring resting on Lucy's finger.

"Niklaus?" he cleared his throat.

"Alright." he nodded stiffly. "So be it. I agree to your terms."

"Perfect." she smiled at them, as if finalising a business deal.