LEVEL 35 - "Next Battle, Go!"

Start from the beginning

She raises her hand up before setting it softly down on his head.

Pat... pat...

Ruffle... ruffle...

His face turns red, stammering as the girl looks at him blankly.

She had no clue how to comfort people nor tell them she wasn't upset with them.

[ REDACTED ] used to pet her head like that all the time when she was upset... she picked up the habit from him.

"Is your father being mean to you again?" A slightly older boy asked the young girl who looked away from him.

Tears had welled in her e/c eyes, nodding silently as the boy sighs.

She hated being seen as weak. She always has...

But she couldn't help but cry as the glitches covered her arm, sending stabs of pain throughout her arm.

"..." No words needed to be said by the boy as he handed her a strawberry piece of candy.

She unwraps it, popping it in her mouth as the glitching lessens ever so slightly.

"Thanks..." She murmured before looking up to see a hand resting on her head.

Pat... pat...

Ruffle... ruffle...

Izuku continued to stammer as the girl moved her hand off his head.

"Deku! L/n!" Uraraka called as she runs towards the duo. "You two were amazing!"

"Oh, thank you!" Izuku replies, a small dust of pink on his cheeks.

"Thanks..." Y/n replied monotonously, shifting her gaze down to the ground out of embarrassment of being complimented.

"I can't believe you two got first and second place, I'm jealous!" Uraraka grins widely.

"Uh! It was nothing!" Izuku covers his face with his hand, a blush covering his face.

"Mhm..." Y/n nods, the slightest hint of pink on her cheeks as well.

━ ◦ ❖ ◦━

"The first game for the first-years is finally over, and what a game it was!" Midnight exclaims, cracking her whip, "Now, let's take a quick look at the standings, shall we?"

1,, CLASS A: Izuku Midoriya

2,, CLASS A: Y/n L/n

3,, CLASS A: Shoto Todoroki

4,, CLASS A: Katsuki Bakugo

5,, CLASS B: Ibara Shiozaki

6,, CLASS B: Juzo Honenuki

7,, CLASS A: Tenya Iida

8,, CLASS A: Fumikage Tokoyami

9,, CLASS A: Hanta Sero

10,, CLASS A: Eijiro Kirishima

11,, CLASS B: Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu

12,, CLASS A: Mashirao Ojiro

13,, CLASS B: Yosetsu Awase

14,, CLASS A: Tsuyu Asui

15,, CLASS A: Rikido Sato

16,, CLASS A: Mezo Shoji

17,, CLASS A: Ochaco Uraraka

18,, CLASS A: Momo Yaoyorozu

19,, CLASS A: Minoru Mineta

20,, CLASS A: Mina Ashido

Y/n stopped reading after the twentieth place.

"Only the top fourty-two will advance to the next round. But don't be too let down if you didn't make the cut! We've prepared other opportunities for you to shine!" Midnight licks her lips, "Now the real fun is about to begin. The chances to fully move yourselves into the limelight! Give it your best!"

Midnight points back up at the wheel on the screen, which started to spin. "Let's see what we have in store for you next! Will your wildest fantasies come to life? What could it he? The waiting is torture. Prepare yourselves... for this!"

'CAVALRY BATTLE'

Y/n narrows her eyes at the screen, it didn't seem too difficult not too complicated.

"Cavalry battles?" Denki grimaced, "I'm terrible at those.."

"I wonder how they'll split us up." Asui wondered, tilting her head.

"Allow me to explain. The participants will form teams of two-to-four people as they see fit. In theory, it's the same as a regular playground game. But there is one difference. Each player has been assigned a point value based on the results from the obstacle course." Midnight elaborates as the screen shows an image of Mic and Thirteen carrying All Might.

"I get it, a point-based system like the entrance exams." Sato comments. "That seems pretty simple."

"So that means each team will have a different point value based on which students are on it." Uraraka hums to herself in acknowledgement.

"Uh-huh!" Mina gives the other girl finger guns.

"Maybe you should shut up and let me explain things to you!" Midnight interrupts the students muttering, tick marks appearing on her face.

"Now, then. The point of assignments go up by increments of five, starting from the bottom. For example, 42nd place is worth five points, and 41st is worth ten and the point value assigned to first place contestant is..." Midnight trails off for dramatic effect, "Ten million!"

Multiple eyes shoot towards Izuku, as the boy turned multiple shades paler.

Sweat dripped down his forehead in a panic as he stayed firmly looking at the ground.

"That's right." Midnight smirks, "It's a survival of the fittest, with a chance for those at the bottom to overthrow the top!"

█▒▒▒▒▒█ ◈ █▒▒▒▒▒█

LOGGING OFF !