03.

Harry

She's beautiful.

That's all I could think from the moment my eyes met hers. The first thing I noticed were her eyes. They were beautiful. They're a soft brown color, warm and welcoming. And while most people tend to associate beautiful eyes with their color, I associate them with their kindness. Novah had kind eyes. I've only met a handful of people that had truly kind eyes, Novah has definitely landed herself on that list.

Then it was her smile. She has a big smile. I could tell she was trying not to grin ear to ear, possibly because she was nervous? Regardless, her smile was radiant, just as beautiful as her eyes. I was obsessed. More obsessed than I'd care to admit to myself.

The front of the restaurant was lined with large glass windows, I could see right through it. Elliot was doing laps on the sidewalk with Novah close behind him, stopping him every once in a while to tickle his stomach.

"H." Jeff nudged my arm with his elbow, causing me to pull my eyes away. I looked over at him. "Could you be more obvious?" He chuckled, nodding his head in the direction of the window, finishing off the last of the wine in his glass. Mitch's eyebrows furrowed together in confusion before turning to see what Jeff was referring to.

Mitch whipped his head back to me, shooting me a glare. Here we go.

"Don't even think about it, Harry." He rolled his eyes immediately.

"What?! I'm literally not doing anything!" I raised my hands up in defense. Jeff laughed to himself beside me.

"I'm serious, H. You're not going to do this again." Mitch tilted his head to the side, letting me know he didn't think any of this was funny. I frowned, not liking what he was insinuating. "We specifically told her to avoid involving herself with anyone on the team, you included. Just don't get any ideas with this one." He emphasized the word involving, making sure to get the point across. Mitch shook his head, tossing his napkin on the table before standing from his seat.

Jeff and I watched as he walked to the other end of the table, sitting in Novah's now empty seat between Pauli and Sarah. I'll have to talk to him later.

"Look what you did." I shot Jeff a glare.

"You were the one staring at the new nanny." Jeff gave me a smug look. "Let's get out of here before Mitch starts throwing fists." The sound of his chair scraping against the ground rang in my ears, I handed him my card and he walked towards the hostess stand to take care of the check.

My eyes landed on Novah again. Her hair was tied up now, probably sweating from the dry heat. She was definitely regretting wearing that sweater now.

Jeff came back to the table, announcing that we were all good to go and everyone slowly started to get out of their seats, finishing the last of their conversations. We all congregated outside of the restaurant, waiting for the cars to pull up to us.

"Thank you for the food." I turned around to see Novah. Elliot was clinging to her, his head resting on her shoulder.

"Oh, of course. No problem at all." It was refreshing to hear someone say thank you. I knew everyone was always grateful whenever I covered the bill, but after doing it so many times, the thank you's dwindled down to only a few rare occasions. I didn't hold it against them or anything, my team does a lot for me and paying for their food sometimes was the least I could do.

We filed into the two vans. Novah stayed close with Mitch and Sarah, sitting next to Elliot's car seat. I avoided Mitch's gaze, knowing he was probably still shooting glares into the back of my head.