𝐢𝐢. Late Night Talking.

Start from the beginning

THE TWO OF them fell silent, lost in their own thoughts as they waited for their turn to audition. Despite their differences, there was an unspoken understanding between them. They were both there for a reason and determined to make the most of it.

Despite the fact that it was imposed upon them.

Kimberly turned to Kendall, her voice small and hesitant. "Kendall?"

"Yeah, Kimberly?" He looked over at her, his tone gentle but tired.

"I'm sorry... for being so annoying with all those questions."

Kendall let out a sigh. "Don't worry about it, Kim."

They fell into a comfortable silence for a moment before Kimberly spoke up again, her voice barely above a whisper. "Can I ask you something else?"

Kendall gave her a small smile. "Of course, what's up?"

"Do you think I should try to use this audition for myself as well?"

"W-what?"

▄︎▄︎▄︎▄︎▄︎▄︎▄︎

THE SILENCE THAT followed Kendall's words allowed Kimberly's thoughts to wander, and as she gazed around the crowded venue, she began to see this audition as more than just a favor for her friend. Perhaps it was an opportunity for her as well.

As she pondered this realization, her mind shifted to her true passion: writing. Kimberly had always loved creating stories, whether they were fictional or inspired by her own experiences. She was particularly drawn to screenwriting, the art of crafting compelling stories for television and film.

Kimberly realized that if she wanted to pursue a career in screenwriting, she needed to start somewhere. Maybe this audition was the beginning of her journey. She could use her writing skills to make herself stand out in the audition process. Instead of just singing or playing an instrument, she could showcase her talent for storytelling and create a unique and memorable audition.

As the idea solidified in her mind, Kimberly felt a sense of excitement and purpose. She was grateful for the chance to support her friend, but now she saw this audition as an opportunity to pursue her own dreams.

"Sorry, I just wasn't expecting that," Kendall said, feeling a bit embarrassed.

Her response caught Kendall off, guard, as he didn't expect her to take the audition seriously, let alone see it as an opportunity to pursue her own dreams.

"It's fine," Kimberly said, her voice tinged with doubt and uncertainty as if she was trying to convince herself more than anything.

Kendall gave her a reassuring smile. "You should definitely do it," he encouraged.

"Really?" Kimberly looked at Kendall with surprise and a hint of admiration.

"Really," Kendall confirmed. "Opportunities like this come once in a lifetime."

"Well... I'm not really sure how singing will help with this opportunity," said Kimberly.

Kendall was taken aback by her statement. "What kind of opportunity are you looking for?" he asked her, curious about her goals.

"You tell me yours first," Kimberly added, a sly grin forming on her lips. "How are you gonna use singing as an opportunity of your own?"

"I don't know, Kim. I haven't really thought about it that much," Kendall said, scratching the back of his head. "I guess I'll just go in there and do my thing, sing a song that I like, and hope for the best. Maybe I'll even throw in a few of my own dance moves, you know, make it stand out to Gustavo."