Chapter 2 - Testing the Zombie Dungeon

Izuku looked at the skills he had on the status screen, focusing on them four separate panels opened up in front of the skills list.

[Empowered Strike Lv1]
[Cost: 10 Stamina every strike
[A strike that allows for a higher attack than normal
[+25% Attack power added to strikes]

[Heroes Will LvMax]
[Cost: N/A]
[The will of a True Hero flows through you and your very soul is that of a Hero]
[x2 EXP from defeating Villains]

[Safe Zone Lv1]
[Cost: 15 Mana every Minutes]
[A area protected from attacks as long as Mana is provided, that only those who you allow can enter. Teleporting into the safe zone will not work]

[Sling Shot Lv1]
[Cost: 10 Mana per Shot
[A Slingshot made of Mana will appear and shoot balls of raw mana at people who are deemed as enemies]

The skills were amazing, and the Quirk, while definitely not something that could be a powerful combat quirk, was still a Quirk of a Hero.

The second and last skills though, were a surprise.

He levelled faster when defeating villains, and he could defend myself with a slingshot that shot balls of energy.

Both were amazing and would be a great help when they got more powerful.

Izuku was struggling unto contain his energy.

His want to test his Quirk and use the system he had been given to grow, but he also knew he had nowhere to do that sort of thing, especially because he was only 5 and he knew he could get in trouble if he used his Quirk in public.

'hmmm... what about the Instant Dungeon functions? The manual said it made a space that I could train in, and time in the real world would stop so nobody would notice me being gone. And with them being populated with monsters, I could train my powers and level up. By slaying monsters. That's how they do it in video games, right?' Izuku thought to himself.

He pulled up the I.D Function and looked at the screen.

There was currently only one option, the beginner Zombie Dungeon.

The manual said that more dungeons could be unlocked in the system by visiting Dungeons that spawned naturally in the world, and defeating them, something I would definitely have to do.

But I had a thought.

'My power has a cost, and once it runs out I would likely be defenceless and faint... I need a weapon to help me slay the zombies if I nearly run out of Mana' Izuku thought as he quickly contemplated sneaking into the kitchen and trying to get a knife.

But Izuku shook his head, not feeling like it was a good idea to do so and potentially get caught.

But Izuku had a much easier Idea to pull off

Izuku got up from his bed and went to his closet, after giving a quick glance around the slightly dark space, Izuku smiled and grabbed what the was looking for.

It was a All Might kids Baseball bat, one of the many things that Izuku had that was All Might Merchandise.

He took a deep breath, and selected to start the Zombie dungeon.

The world around Izuku twisted and crumbled away, revealing a new scene to the boy.

A city in ruin.

.
.
.

The city was filled with crumbled buildings, destroyed objects and trash. The smell of death and decay filled the air, and the only sound was other the continued crumbling of buildings, or the gurgles one groans of zombies.

Not a single loving soul could be seen, but what could be seen we're Zombies.

The dead were horrible to look at, and Izuku was struggling to keep his food in his stomach while he looked at one from his hiding place.

Their skin was pale and rotting into a blackish mold-like Texture.

Their eyes were blank and lifeless, looking clouded and empty.

And what little remains of their tattered clothes on their bodies showed chunks of flesh missing, entire limbs severed, and a few even had large holes in there stomachs, going all the way through their bodies.

Izuku was having a hard time, his stomach lurched horribly as he looked at the undead, and he hadn't fought one since he had gotten here over thirty minutes ago.

Spending that time running and hiding.

Izuku felt like a Coward, but it was a single thought that brought him out of his mind and into the real world.

'How am I to be a Hero, If I can't even face a Villain that looks this ugly?'

Izuku felt his heartbeat and his resolve harden.

He took a deep breath and readied his Baseball bat.

If he was to be a hero, he needed to grow stronger.

And to do that, he needed to defeat these Zombies.

So he rushed out of his hiding place and made a days for the closest Zombie.

Once he was in range to attack, he activated 'Empowered Strike' and attacked.

The zombie, who had a red health counter above his head now, stumbled backwards and fell as the health counter crumbled to just over half.

Izuku didn't waste time and hit the Zombie again while it was done, not wanting to give it a chance to get up.

Then with a burst of Light particles, the Zombie disappeared, leaving behind a single Small Blue stone on the ground where it had once been.

[The Player has defeated a level 2 Zombie - 10 EXP gained]

Izuku opened up his system and looked at his stats.

(BTW: HP, MP, and SP are refilled upon leveling up)
===
Name: Izuku Midoriya
Title: N/A
Quirk: Battlefield

Level: 2
EXP: 5/15

HP: 30/30
SP: 20/20
MP: 50/50

STR: 2
DEX: 4
END: 2
Vit: 3
INT: 5
WIS: 5
LUCK: 1

Stat Points: 5
===

===
A. Skills: [Empowered Strike Lv1]

P. Skills: [Heroes Will LvMax]

Quirk: [Battlefield Lv1]

Q. Sub skills: [Sling Shot Lv1]
===

After looking over the stats more closely and thinking a bit, he knew that his Quirk took MP to work so having more could never hurt.

Izuku ended up dumping 3 points into Int and 2 into Vit, to raise both MP and HP, Giving him the following stats.

===
Name: Izuku Midoriya
Title: N/A
Quirk: Battlefield

Level: 2
EXP: 5/15

HP: 50/50
SP: 20/20
MP: 80/80

STR: 2
DEX: 4
END: 2
VIT: 3 > 5
INT: 5 >8
WIS: 5
LUCK: 1

Stat Points: 5 > 0
===

Feeling confident with his increase in stats, he decided to keep with Melee attacks for now, leveling his quirk while he rested after he ran out of SP.