Story #2 ♡

● - Idea suggested by ratfeetlmao
- Sonknuckles -

Author pov: 

A blue hedgehog known as Sonic was running around, letting the wind take him wherever until he passed some certain staircases. He immediately skidded to a stop and smirked walking up the stairs and was soon met with another pair of stairs on the side and a teleporter in the middle to Angel island, Sonic would usually go on the stairs but today he just wanted to visit his good ol' best friend Knuckles. He walked toward the teleporter and soon appeared on a familiar island with a red echidna laying on the master emerald peacefully.

Sonic ran up to where the echidna was sleeping and climbed on top of the master emerald going behind him and inhaling a lot of air before exhaling and yelling "HEY KNUX!!" Knuckles jumped and stood up raising his fist in a fighting position and quickly saying "whos there!" Sonic bursted into a laughing fit laying on the emerald while Knuckles looked around confused about where the laughing was coming from until his eyes finally landed on an azure hedgehog hugging his stomach trying to breathe and a beautiful smile. Knuckles blushed from both embarrassment and the cuteness of the hedgehog in front of him but he just stomped while crossing his arms and looking at Sonic with an annoyed look.

Sonic finally stopped laughing once he had seen the look on the other face and sat up and scooted closer to the edge of the emerald dangling his feet off of it and facing the red echidna. "What? it was funny" Sonic started snickering before knuckles rolled his eyes and said "1. can you get off my emerald and 2. it wasn't funny Sonic." he groaned at the last part before walking away. Sonic quickly hopped off following his best friend before smirking again "can I not have fun with you for once? jeez, your just like Shadow" Sonic said while walking back down the steps and laying on the soft grass.

Knuckles stood with his mouth wide open for a second from the sudden comparison but walked down the steps as well and sat next to the azure hedgehog, "no I'm not!" Sonic rolled his eyes while humming and closing them soon after. Knuckles studied the hedgehog next to him while sighing and blushing. 

Sonic sat up while tilting his head and asking "something wrong knux?" Knuckles quickly shook his head no and Sonic just shrugged and continued doing whatever he was doing before. Sonic looked at the sky and then back at Knuckles who gave him a confused look "why are you looking at me like that?" Sonic stood up, putting his hands on his hips, and proudly said "we should go on a date!" Knuckles' face turned redder than before and his mouth hung wide open with wide eyes before shaking his head and crossing his arms and standing up to face the blue one. "why did you even suggest that!?" Sonic immediately realized what he had just said and started to scratch the back of his neck while blushing hard. 

"uhm- forget that! it could be like a bro's night out yk?" Sonic said while putting his arms in front of him in a form of shrugging and chuckling nervously, Knuckles smirked while walking closer until he was towering over Sonic and blushed more from the sudden action but just responded with "sure, how about at 5 pm? at the Sunsets café," Sonic nodded while smiling and hugging his 'best friend' and waving goodbye while winking "cya knux!" a blue blur was left from the teleporter and knuckles just sighed.

" What did I just get myself into? "

5pm at the café -

Sonics pov: 

I was walking toward the café with a nervous look on my face. I mentally slapped myself for what I'd done earlier, how could I just tell him that we should go on a date out of nowhere!? he probably doesn't even like guys and I embarrassed myself in front of him. I can't even believe that I even have a crush on this guy- I mean there is things to like about him but still, since when was I even gay? I guess the only way to find out is now.