She started down her aisle, trying her hardest not to lock eyes with me. I smiled at how flushed she got, enjoying how much this game affected her. She handed my friends their papers and turned to me.

"I was worried I was going to run out, you being in the back of the classroom and all," she teased, handing me my paper. I grinned at her and took the paper, brushing my fingers across her hand. We both kept our hands on the assignment, our fingers touching each other.

"I hate that I made you walk this far, princess," I replied. Her mouth twisted into a smile.

"You'll need to make up for it, Sir Tiebaut," she said quietly. She let go of the paper and turned quickly, leaving me to my imagination. I watched her walk back to her seat, grinning ear to ear.

"Holy shit," Jeff said.

"Holy fucking shit," Gareth replied. I turned to them as I leaned back in my chair, smirking at them.

"To quote you, my dear friend, Gareth – I'm a god amongst men," I joked, winking,

---

The bell rang and I glanced back at Eddie – he was standing quickly, frantically getting his bag packed. He looked up at me and broke into his goofy smile. I decided to tease him a bit and left the classroom before he could catch up to me.

I got out into the crowded hallway and started maneuvering through the crowd. I looked over my shoulder and grinned once I saw Eddie practically hopping above the crowd, trying to see where I was. He locked eyes with me and smirked, a look of determination across his face. I went to my locked and slowly opened it, pretending to look through my books.

I felt my heart stop when a large hand settled on my waist, and my new favorite smell of the outdoors and traces of weed clouded me.

"Follow me," he whispered, close to my ear. I felt my stomach drop and swallowed hard, watching him as he sauntered off. I looked around, feeling like my body was on fire – how had no one seen that? I felt like my world had stopped from a brief interaction with this man and no one had even noticed.

I cleared my throat and started after him, keeping my eyes trained on his curls – he was a head above the crowd, his shoulders swaying as he walked. I was stopped by a set of hands on my shoulder.

"Margot!" I turned to my friend, forcing a smile.

"Hey, Chrissy!" I said, trying to keep Eddie in my periphery.

"It's so much fun having a boyfriend, and Jason is amazing!"

I smiled at her – I was thrilled for the two of them. Jason had been excited to see me this morning, giddy to tell me about how he finally admitted his feelings to Chrissy. They were so sweet when they walked in together, nervous and goofy as they held onto each other.

"I'm so happy to hear that!" I replied, trying to slowly move towards where Eddie was. I glanced over and noticed him watching me, his eyes crinkled and his face set in a smirk. I felt my body heat under his gaze. I was loving this game so far.

"We've got to get you a boy – that way we can do a double date for the Sadie Hawkins dance!" she gushed. I laughed and shook my head.

"Maybe – I've got to go! I'll talk to you later!" I said quickly, wanting to go find the boy I actually liked.

"Where are you going? Don't you have free period?" Chrissy called after me. I turned and waved.

"Bye, Chris!" I called out, pretending I didn't hear her questions.

I turned back and saw a flash of curls enter a dark classroom. I took a deep breath and walked into the classroom, glancing around to make sure no one was watching. I closed the door behind me, my eyes adjusting to the darkness.