fifteen | his proof

Start bij het begin

Julius is still, blinking at the both of us before he sighs. "I'll go and inform him. You two are to wait here."

The two of us nod at him, watching as he turns around and heads right over towards the biggest glass door I've ever seen in my life. I then peep at Andrea, who literally has the biggest grin on her face.

"He'll come. He'll come. Trust me."

"He sounds busy."

"He doesn't seem like a person who seems too busy for you." She smiles now. "So..."

"Also, how does he know you? Julius? Like, he knows you."

"Like I said, family friend. I kind of know what happens around here. I don't come here that often, but yeah. That's how I know Micah. Not exactly because we don't talk or anything, but I know of his existence and stuff."

I nod slowly, eyes wandering around the whole reception area. Not too far, I can see the kitchen and then a set of stairs on either side of the reception, of which I'm assuming takes us upstairs.

"It's so rich. And quiet. Where is everyone?"

"Training, or probably out working." She shrugs, walking towards the large mirror I just noticed towards the end of the reception. "The housekeepers are around—"

"House keepers?" I whisper-yell, walking closer to her. "There are house keepers? Why?"

"Have you see the size of this house, Gert? Who else will clean it?"

I pout, watching as she gathers her red locks and pull it up to put it in a bun. I then glance around once again. "I feel out of place, I won't even lie."

"Well, if you do end up having a thing for him, you'll be coming here quite often, as far as I can only imagine. So, you might as well get used to it."

"Don't speak so confidently." I mumble, folding my arms.

We both turn to the sound of loud footsteps, and then Julius comes out of nowhere. He blinks his lazy eyes at me. "Micah will see you now. He says to meet him on the balcony."

"Where is the balcony?" I ask.

"Follow me." He nudges his head. "Andrea? Will you be joining?"

I look at her as she shakes her head. "I'll probably be in the kitchen, and I'll ask Martha to make me something."

"Alright then. Gertrude, would you kindly follow me." He nudges his head again and leads the way.

Meanwhile, I partially hesitate to follow him since Andrea isn't coming. She simply grins and pushes my shoulder. "You got this, friend."

With a sigh, I slightly jog after Julius who doesn't even stop for a moment for me to catch up. After a sharp turn, we head right to the glass door that leads us out the house and onto the big balcony. Ahead of us, I'm assuming if I take the stairs on the side, is a huge garden heading a forest, and I tilt my head at that.

They also have a forest? Interesting.

"He will meet you here." Julius states as he watches me walk further onto the balcony. "May I get you anything to drink in the meantime?"

"I-I'm fine, thank you. I won't even be here for long so, you know." I shrug.

Julius nods once and then heads back into the house. That leave me alone, here, analysing the furniture. They have five big beach benches or whatever, with grey pillow cases. I lean against the railing as I peep at the flowerpots and the small table not too far from me.

They really are rich. He didn't even try and win me with his money, because if he did I maybe would have probably decided to give him a chance long ago.