thirteen | if we get there

It's the sound of a steady beat against my ear that arouses my consciousness. I awake from my slumber, yet out of laziness, I remain still with my eyes closed. The only thing I can manage to do is take in a deep breath and exhale through my nose. My overly relaxed body, I am now aware of, is laying flat and my arms are more or less on either side. I cannot ignore the comforting heat transmitting on to me. When I wiggle my fingers a bit, the thing that I think I am touching is grass. The glass blades tickle the pads of my fingertips, and at first I think it's quite a nice sensation to wake up to.

Until I try processing how I could possibly be sleeping and touching grass at the same time. My shoulders rise up as if to extend my spine, and I take a deep breath once again to expand my ribcage, but to my surprise, I feel a whole arm tighten its sudden hold on me, from one side of my back to the other. Even more, I feel a hand rub against my side, skin on skin, and the unfamiliar sparkles and tingles race in whichever direction from the rub of comfort.

The comfortable, steady beating I was hearing? The natural alarm I was waking up to? Well, that starts beating faster and that confuses me all the more.

That's when I open my eyes, and I am looking at trees in the distance though it's not too clear since I've just woken up. I lift my head a bit to see what I am lying on, and immediately freeze up when I come face to... neck? I lift my head higher and raise my eyes, then come face to face with him, looking as peaceful as ever. His other hand rests under his head, I'm presuming it acts as a pillow between the grass and the back of his head.

His features are overly relaxed; this excludes the slight frown between his eyebrows. Nonetheless, his face is too peaceful, and if I take my own time to hear clearly, I can hear him exhale softly through his nose before inhaling just as soft. His lashes are so long, I feel jealous and convince myself not to pluck them out and keep them a extensions. Even his lips are shaped a little too good for somebody his age. What is he doing going around with lips as nice as this? I have to frown.

I'm not sure if I should be stunned that I was sleeping literally on top of this child, or find comfort that he allowed me to in the first place. Except I don't recall sleeping on top of him like this. Now here I am, waking up on top of him.

"Silly boy." I mutter under my breath as I look down. Now, the gutting feeling really sinks in when I realise that not only am I sleeping against the boy, but my legs are on either side of him. What makes it worse is the fact that I am wearing a skirt. "You perv."

"Yet you slept comfortably." I hear Micah cheekily throw in a comment, and when I look up to glare at him, I find him still with eyes closed and a smirk on his face.

"I certainly did not put us in this position, now, did I?" I can't even help but hiss.

"The position bothers you?" His one eye pops open, blue eye looking at me and his smirk grows bigger if it's even possible. "I kind of like this position, mate."

"I... you-!" I groan, pressing both palms against the grass before lifting my upper body off of his. "I hope you enjoyed this, little boy, because this will be the last. This will never happen again. This is actually taking advantage of me as I am sleeping. I didn't consent this."

"There's nothing wrong with enjoying a nap on top of a guy who is not only younger than you, but is attracted to you." He grins.

Those are words deliberately spoken to get me frustrated and angry, and I refuse to give him that satisfaction; so, I pretend I didn't hear him say anything. I simply prepare myself to get up as I mutter; "If this earth doesn't swallow me whole."

Micah has other obvious ideas in mind, since he decides to hold me tightly against him. "Okay, okay, I'm sorry. Let's just... stay here for a little while longer?"