Eclipse

A scream of terror rings out of the castle, smoke and ashes cloud the sky and the lands below, as if the the whole world was beginning to die out.
People run and scream for help and mercy, children crying as they clutch their mothers and men scrambling and pushing others aside, perhaps to be able to get the chance to live, but all is futile.

The lone figure standing so serenely amongst the pandemonium, chuckles under his breath, his eyes listing in delight as he drinks in the chaos that sprawls all around him, smoky tendrils itching their way across to the fleeing people and seducing them with the kiss of death as these poisonous gases grab ahold of their prey.

Holding back his chuckles with a firm hand pressed against his mouth , the masked figure turns around to stare at the man on the ground. Eyes tearing up with laughter that rumbles in his throat.

"W-what insanity..." the kneeling man uttered in terror, this man, no this demon in front of him was chaos himself , the way he finds pure joy in the mass killings and the screaming of pleas of desperate and anxious people was like music to this demon. Yet he couldn't bring himself to kill this demon, his hands shook as he gripped the sword in front of him, a futile attempt to protect himself. Who was he kidding, there is no way a mere sword can save him, in front of this monster.

"Mph..haha...hahaha...HAHAHAHA!!" Finally no longer able to hold himself back the demon laughs out loud, " FINALLY, WHAT A MASTERPIECE!"

Hands sprawled out in a grand gesture as he revels in the chaos' " HOW DOES IT FEEL? I've been itching for decades and decades to finally get my revenge!" Sharp blue eyes, star down dull brown ones as the demon saunters over to the fallen man on the ground.
Grabbing his chin, the demon yanks him up, his eyes burning into the man's, searching and seething and perhaps mocking him.

Mocking him of his inability to prevent all of this.

"You know, hahaha, you asked for this. You ALL DID. Hmmhaha, I really did try, y'know? Tried to forgive and forget. Pffft! SUCH STUPIDITY!"

Nails dig onto the mans cheek, the man holds back a whimper of pain as his dimming eyes glare back at the ice blue eyes shaking with lunacy. " Y-you, trick- hng!"
A frown etched onto the demons face, as his hands clutch the mans face harder, pushing against the bruises that marred it.

" Tricked you? Oh don't be so foolish!", a growl rings out through his lips " I'm the one who was tricked, everything was taken away from me, and everyone thought I should be grateful! HYPOCRITES, ALL OF YOU. NONE OF YOU DESERVE TO LIVE!"

The trembling man fell in a heap as he writhed in pain after being thrown off, the demon stretching out his arms once more chanted a foreign but familiar spell, " FINALLY AN END TO THIS HELL!"

The man's eyes widen in shock and pulsating fear, 'NO! If he chants this, there truly is no turning back!"
Summoning all of his energy in his slowly dying body the man gives out one last cry before he grabs his sword, a clear ring resonates in the air as he swings it down.

" IF I'M DYING, I'LL BRING YOU TO HELL WITH ME!" A third voice rings out, shocking all who were present, but before anyone could react, the spell took effect.

Well, what spell that took effect? Well I'm afraid time will tell....

.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.

A soft lullaby soothes the cold dark night, a small family gazing lovely at the sleeping face of their newest member. The father drapes his wife and elder child with a soft blanket, a small attempt to save them from the bites of the cold, the wife clutches the small hand of her babe, a tender smile paints her face softly as she gazes at the small child with love.
" Mama! Give Aasha my blanket! Aasha cold!" A childish face pops up beside the mother and the father, his small face scrunched in determination as he clutches his blanket in his small hands.

"Pffft Alright Kama, Aasha is already warm enough, besides won't you get cold yourself?" The father chuckles softly, as he picks up his son and places him on his lap, he couldn't help but melt at the determined face of his son as he is adamant on giving his baby sister the blanket to protect her front he cold.

His cheeks puff up in anger, as he sees his father chuckle at him, 'what did he do? Doesn't his parents understand that Aasha can get sick! The cold is a scary monster that will make anyone sick the minute they get touched by him. Even Kama himself got sick! A fearless warrior like Kama! Imagine his weak younger sister?!!'

"Papa! Aasha will be touched by Sir Cold! We have to protect her!!" Lilac eyes, glance with a simmer of fear for his sister, as he tenses up ready to jump in case 'Sir Cold" decided to pop them a visit! A hard task considering no one has ever seen him before!

The mother and father look at each other as they giggle at their sons childish antics, " Alright y'know what lets cuddle up under the blanket together, what do you think Kama?" The mother's soft voice rings out in a whisper as her eyes glance at Kama.

Kama's cheeks redden under his tan skin, as his eyes shimmer in joy, " Yeah! Kama agrees!" He giggles in happiness, as his father's gentle arms pick him up and bring him to their bed, the mother holding the baby following after.

The small family cuddles under the thin blankets, but warmed by their undying love for each other.

The winter may be cold, but with your loved ones, the cold cannot hurt you.....

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.

Only if this serenity could have lasted forever..........