Theres a She Wolf in the Closet....

Comincia dall'inizio

Xavier can't help it. The smile he's been chewing back is making his cheeks ache, so he lets the laughter pour out in peels. It simmers to a couple well-placed chuckles, eventually, and he's so high on this feeling of knowing something that Wednesday can't figure out to care for whatever look she's shooting him the prelude to a funeral pyre.

"Oh you sweet, sweet naive Wednesday. Does your brain hurt from using it?"

"Haha. You're funny." She says flatly, picking up the glue stick and looking at it with a glare. Unsure of what to do with it, she jams the sharp end of a pencil into the gooey part.

He grimaced at the sight.
"Serious, though. You couldn't have buzzfeed'ed this? Listened to girl in red about it?"

Wednesday puffs air out of the seam of her lips, her eyelids fluttering in a roll. It looks like a pragmatic way to flip him off but keep her emotions flat.  "I am not that stupid. Ajax has briefed me on the terminology used by the LGBT community."

Humming, Xavier slaps a cut out paragraph he'd sleepily written the night before to the board. It's awkward and slanted, but it's more for the principle of the thing. "You know, gay guys always have to have a lesbian friend. It's just like, science. And I will eat my hat if you aren't gay, too. "

"Nonsense. You like your hats too much." She reminds him, sagely.

"Fine, then I'll eat Ajax's hat."
Xavier amends smoothly.

"You mean the hat that stops us all from turning to stone? That hat?"

"That hat! That should tell you just how serious I am. You, my friend." He puts a hand on her shoulder, patting in a way that should be comforting if she wasn't eyeing it like it may carry disease. "Have a crush."

With her heart pounding in her ears Wednesday really hopes she'd imagined the last five seconds. Or 16 years. Whenever her heart had beseeched her so.

"What?" She chortles nervously. She was vaguely aware of snorting completely over dramatically at the same time. Actually, honest to God snorted. Honest to god laughing, to top it all off too.
Though the dangerous look she shot Xavier afterwards said he should probably never bring it up if he liked living. Xavier chose life over a quick and merciless death, and said nothing about it as Wednesday turned the glue and pencil weapon over in her hands. . "That's... ridiculous. And completely unlikely. I mean could you imagine?" More fake laughter. She was actually struggling to stop. "That's just.... It's just..." The laughter dies under the pressure of Xavier's unconvinced expression.

Shoulders sagging, her lips twitched in a minute frown. "Is it obvious?"

"To anyone with eyes, yes."

For a second, he thinks Wednesday might hit him under the revelation. It wasn't his fault, but Wednesday was known to do stranger things (see: the time she stapled all his clothes to the ceiling for insulting the practicality of a typewriter.)

She has that unmistakable murderous glint in her eyes, her eyebrow twitching like some universal 'shut up Xavier'. But then, suddenly and soundlessly, Enid is standing at the end of their table with that warm smile that reaches her eyes and Wednesday is putty. Helpless to do anything but melt for the blonde werewolf that had thrown her world through a loop time and time again.

He and Enid share pleasantries, before an awkward silence befalls them where Wednesday just sort of stares with glassy eyes and it's making the entire library at large uncomfortable. Probably. Finally, the artist kicks her beneath the table. "Say hi, Wednesday."

"Hi Wednesday." Then, eyelashes fluttering. "Enid. You're Enid. Im Wednesday."

Enid bites her lip, but she's smiling still. "I am. Hi, όμορφο κορίτσι."