Im Yours

Nerves. Wednesday was uncharacteristically riddled with nerves. It was a colder evening than she had anticipated when she had set off on her flight earlier that morning, but Northern California was heading into a healthy Autumn and these... nerves had her disoriented. Unprepared.

It's not as if Enid was a stranger, or someone she encountered by chance whilst out at a coffee shop and now she was meeting her in a shady part of town.

They were room mates, meeting up at one of their childhood homes, surrounded by their entire family and—

She grimaces at the swell of anxiety in her lower abdomen.

They were close friends, after all was said and done. They had hugged, which had inadvertently sealed their fates as such but.. friends didn't get that awful fluttery sensation in their stomachs when visiting each other. But then again, maybe they did. Enid was Wednesday's first friend, but according to the answers found on Reddit and Quora this feeling was more of a... romantic reaction.

Going to visit someone without prompt, let alone having and visiting a crush certainly wasn't something Wednesday would do normally. So really, something must be desperately wrong with her. A poisoning, if she were so lucky.

Romance and death were so commonly intertwined, that you couldn't have the suffering agony of a broken heart less you feel love and vice versa.

They'd messaged frequently over the break, Wednesday much preferring phone calls where she didn't have to guess tone indication or see those god awful emoticons Enid favoured. If she hadn't wanted Wednesday there, she wouldn't have inadvertently invited her.

Perhaps, it was to be a seen a bit stalkerish. Enid had sent a photo of the garden that had half the house number blurrily displayed off in the distance. So what, if Wednesday had super imposed the image and done a bit of editing and sleuthing online to find where the werewolf lived? It was good to know the company you kept.

With her jacket wrapped firmly around her, she approached the scarlet red door.
Enid's house looked predictably homey, with a light cream Dolly Varden exterior. The roof was slanted and a pale blue, with a wide wrap around porch littered with a barbecue, a seperate grill, a fire pit and some workout equipment. The home sat proudly in the middle of a wide acreage, a few ATV's, some water vehicles all caked in mud and other sporting equipment dotted around the unkempt field.

It was truly the all-American dream. Wednesday shudders at imagining herself- with wild, short brown hair and colourful clothing on a raft in the large lake nearby.

That was a completely different, and utterly unappealing world.  She much preferred the desolate world of her own making.

She had spent the better part of the hour wandering the grounds to try and find the freckle-spotted blonde. There were people scattered around everywhere, mostly blonde and blue eyed but a few darker outliers. Likely, siblings and cousins as Enid had briefly explained the packs importance at having a constant close proximity to one another. It sounded more like a case of codependency to Wednesday, but she'd never been to keen on family gatherings.

The only fun ones were funerals. It was a foot race to see who got to lay next to the coffin and dig their way out first.

Wednesday, scuffing the toe of her boot against the porch, still isn't entirely sure what lead her to be standing with a bouquet of flowers at Enid's home in San Francisco in the first place.

Truly, she will testify until the day she dies that she was living in a fever dream. Because why else would she impulsively buy a $600 airline ticket at 4 in the morning just to stand— nervously- in front of a door that vibrated with the energy of a dozen wolves. For fun? Ew.