Chapter Eight

Hey guyyyyss we're back in business! Yes my laptop is fixed, thank God the hard drive was not harmed meaning I recovered everthing. So we should be fine now. This  chapter is dedicated to carmzZz90 I know your birthday already passed but this one's for you. Thanks for voting and commenting, I appreciate your support so so very much!!!

Michael shook his head, "Don't fall for it man."

Sapphie punched him in the arm, "Shut up."

Then she smiled at Kylian, "so what do you say?"

Kylian's eyes narrowed. Ignoring Sapphie's question, he spoke to the teenager instead.

"Why?"

"Cause even though she doesn't do football, she's going to smoke your ninja turtle a—" Sapphie nudged Michael with her shoulder, stopping him in his tracks. "I mean behind. She's going to smoke your behind."

"Seriously, video games should be like... her super power or something." He added.

"She'll give you a run for your money dude." Piped up Caleb.

Kylian smirked at her, "In that case, I want her to prove it."

Michael shrugged, "Hey, it's your funeral."

Kylian scooted over to make space for her between himself and Caleb.

"If I win, I'll still go. But, you'll have to prove to me you weren't lying about 'The Attic'."

"Deal."

***

Fifteen minutes later Kylian was staring at the TV screen, his mouth gaping wide while the boys danced about them as if they were the ones who'd won.

"I told you not to fall for it." Michael slapped Kylian's shoulder.

"The difficulty level was—How did you do that?" He blinked.

Kylian stared at the TV screen again as if to make sure she truly had beaten them.

"It's a super power." She shrugged, feigning innocence, "I'd have to like... kill you if I told you." She winked at him and got up.

"So that's how it's going to be huh?" he got up with a sigh and placed the game console on the coffee table.

Later, after Kylian had said his goodbyes and thanked everyone, he let Sapphie lead him out of their apartment and into the quiet night. The streets were mostly empty but he still put on the cap he'd stuffed into his jacket pocket.

He could never be too sure no one would recognise him. So far had been having a great night and he wanted it to stay that way.

Though a cap wasn't really practical to use at night, it was the fastest and easiest way to keep himself from being recognised. He made sure his eyes and nose wear covered before they stepped out of the building.

"I still don't get it, what am did I miss?"

"You got beat by a girl in FIFA. There's a first time for everything, Kiki." She purposefully used his nickname.

"Come on. What's your trick? There's got to be a trick."

"I don't have a trick, you of all people should know that playing football in real-life is different from the video game."

"Not that different. Real-life strategies, game plans. They all still apply."

"Yes, but I just happen to know how the video game works better than you do."

He gave her a confused look. Sapphie laughed at his expression. They stopped on the sidewalk and waited for his driver.

"I'm sort of a video game fanatic. My dream was always to study game development and end up working for Electronic Arts. I mean...it still is."