24- What a brat!

By the time Kim reached her front door she was defeated. She had been walking for close to an hour.

Her sore feet were now soaked and uncomfortable in a few different ways. Her hair and clothes were drenched and she had developed a skin rash where her wet pants rubbed on her thighs.

She had found a bag in her backpack that she used to cover her cast as best as possible. Parts of it were damp but it was the only dry spot she had left..

"What happened to you?" Jack asked from his spot on the floor in the living room. He sat with Benny who also stared.

"Boys! I told you to get Benny ready!" Kim's mom yelled from the kitchen at the back of the house.

Kim stood in the front hall to exhausted to move.

"Boys! Kim!" Her mom acted surprised to see her standing in the doorway.

The front door opened and Grey and West came running in out of the rain. Kim didn't move to let them past. She dropped her backpack off her shoulders.

"Why are you soaked?" West asked.

"Weren't you together?" Her mom asked.

"Nooooo. Mom didn't you get my message? I told you I couldn't get out of work." Grey said kicking off his shoes.

"No, I don't have any messages." She held up her phone.

"Did you walk?" Grey accused.

"Let me get this straight." Kim said barely able to move. "You are mad at me for walking when none of you guys could figure out how to pick me up?"

"You should have waited for Aneese." West said softly.

"I wanted to come home!" Kim snapped.

"Hey, hey, hey." He said and took a step towards her. He looked up and saw Grey staring at him. He backed up and motioned for Benny to join him so they could leave.

Kim turned and saw Grey's face. He was angry. Normally Kim would feel ashamed for making her brother so angry, this time was different. She was mad.

"Ok as much fun as this is, I am wiped. And these pants suck and this shirt is stupid! I am going to bed." Kim said angrily. She stripped off her jeans and whipped off her top as she stood in the front foyer being watched by her family, West and Benny.

She left her wet clothes where they fell on the floor and charged up the stairs to her room left only in her underwear.

***

Kim woke up and the room was dark. She could feel the presence of another person so her arm hair prickled.

"Kee?" She heard a whisper.

She jumped and almost screamed before a hand was thrust over her mouth.

She instantly went into fight or flight mode and started to attack the hand over her face.

"Kiki, she, it's me!" She heard. The sounds did not connect with her rational thought.

She swing her cast heavily towards the figure.

"Kim! It's me! West!" The figure whispered loudly from the floor beside her bed where he had fallen to avoid her attacks.

"Fuck! West! What the hell?" She said loudly.

"I wanted to check on you and make sure you were OK. You didn't answer my texts." He said staying on the floor.

"Kim?" Her mom called from the hall. "You ok?"

"Yeah, I got up to close my curtains and... stubbed my toe." Kim lied.

"Ouch. Are you ok?" Her mom called.