Chapter 9: Wolf Out

Start from the beginning

"It's slang Wens! I'm basically just putting a cute little spin on saying you're the best!"

"Oh. Odd. You should finish your food. There is only ten more minutes of lunch."

Ugh. I wanted to spend more time with her. The day is so boring when my favorite person isn't around. Plus she helps me focus in class. That's like the only way I'm passing some of my classes right now. I know that's kinda pathetic of me but I just can't help it...

My parents would be even more disappointed in me if they knew about my troubles in school. Truthfully, I think they would be more disappointed in me no matter what I do unless it's exactly how they want it to be. It's so stupid!

"Bye Enid. I will see you in our dorm in three hours." Wens said as she walked off to her next class.

"Bye bye Wens! See ya later!"

I get up and head to my dreaded classes. School is so frustrating. How am I gonna function in the real world if I can barley function here...?
______

The night of the full moon:

Wens and I walk down to the cages for the night. I haven't been down here since the first time I toured the school. It's a lot more glum than I remember. Wednesday will love it down here though! That's a plus!

We walk until we find the cage with my name on it. This is so scary...What if I try to hurt Wednesday...? I don't wanna think about that-

"Well the school surly knows how to decorate a place." We lock eyes,"Are you okay...?" Her voice rang out light and airy. That was the first time I've ever heard it sound like that.

"I'm scared...and everything hurts so much right now. Why do I even have to be a werewolf?!"

I'm so frustrated right now. My whole body feels like I was hit by a semi truck and then thrown off a cliff onto a pile of pointy rocks! For the sake of not only Wednesday but myself too, I hope this wolf out is quick and to the point. The shortest we can last is two hours so hopefully that's as long as I am transformed for.

"Come here."

I walk towards Wednesday unsure of what's about to happen. My stomach was filling with butterflies, or was that my guts rearranging themselves to get prepared to shift? Don't know, don't care! For the sake of the situation I'm gonna call it butterflies!

Wens sits up against the concrete wall with her legs out. She pointed to the open area in-front of her.

"Come sit please."

I sit where she said to still unsure what's going on. I trust Wednesday though, so I know she isn't going to do anything bad.

She begins to massage my shoulders. Goddddd did it feel relaxing! I could feel my body aching less which I will forever be grateful for.

"Where did you learn to do this so well??"

"My father. I'm sure you've seen how touchy and loving my parents are towards each other."

"Yeah I've noticed...Sometimes they were like lowkey creepy about it though- Like please GET A ROOM!"

She begins to laugh a little. It's so cute! I've never heard her laugh before. She's beautiful when she laughs. Everything about her is just that more genuine with her when she laughs.

"Can I kiss you right now?" I ask.

"Sinclair, if you don't kiss me right now I will be highly offended."

I spin around and plant my lips on hers. The taste of the quad she had earlier came through on her lips. My hand slipped into her hair as her hand made it to my waist. I could stay like this forever.