I nodded my head taking another sip as his gaze moved back to me. "How're you doin' kiddo?"

My hands grabbed the nearest book and sat back down on the couch tucking my legs underneath me. "Honestly not great, I guess having to leave your fiancé will get you down like that." I tried to smile but moved to the book I now, held avoiding his eyes.

I've never been one to share emotions that scare me so I ignore them until I can get away and reading this book is the best way to escape.

Bobby must have noticed my closed off mannerisms because the subject was dropped as we both sat together reading in silence.

After a couple of minutes my coffee was finished I decided to head upstairs and get on a new shirt that didn't smell like a hangover and brush my teeth before heading out to the garage.

The midday heat was even worse than yesterday as the long blonde strands of hair laid on my neck like a scarf making me put it up into a ponytail to keep the heat at bay.

I followed the paths to the garage and before I was almost there the sound of loud talking made me stop around the corner.

"Don't patronize me, Dean, Dad is dead. The Colt is gone, Evelyns having visions, it seems pretty damn likely that the demon is behind all of this, and you're acting like nothing happened."

I narrowed my eyes at his words. Sam thinks I'm having visions? I thought they were just nightmares?

"What do you want me to say?"

"Say something, all right? Hell, say anything! Aren't you angry? Don't you want revenge? But all you do is sit out here all day long buried underneath this damn car." The younger Winchester yelled at the other.

"Revenge, huh?"

"Yeah."

"Sounds good. You got any leads on where the demon is? Making heads or tails of any of Dad's research? Because I sure ain't. But you know, if we do finally find it - oh. No, wait, like you said. The Colt's gone. But I'm sure you've figured out another way to kill it. Or do you even actually know what's going on with Evelyn? No you don't. We got nothing, Sam. Nothing, okay? So you know the only thing I can do? Is I can work on the car." Dean's voice is filled with frustration as Sam goes quiet.

With the tension so thick between the brothers I make the wise choice to stay out of the way and instead head right back where I came from.

As I walk I can't help but get hung up on Sam's words. "That demon is behind all of this" if Sam really means everything he said that means whatever is happening with me is connected to that demon somehow. But why?

The thought of a demon –the demon– controlling what goes through my mind makes my skin crawl and an uneasy feeling wash over me.

I've heard countless stories about demons before but never actually considered them to be real until Sam and Dean recently confirmed that for me.

I didn't even realize I had stopped in my tracks clutching my fists until I felt a hand placed on my shoulder.

"Ev, you okay?" Sam spoke and the feeling of dread was replaced with comfort the younger Winchester always carried around with him.

I turned around nodding my head with a smile "Yeah–I'm okay, tired but okay."

He eyed me for a moment before motioning to a phone in his hand. "So Dean and I are gonna go visit someone who knew Dad, goes by the name of Ellen."

"Oh..."I deflated slightly that the boys were already leaving but the Winchesters never stuck around for long. "I guess I'll be put on lore duty with Bobby then."