Sodapop Curtis

You had been walking back from your mother's funeral, caused my your father. He beat her so harshly, well, you know the rest. He covered it up as a fall down the stairs, which sickened you.

You were walking as far from your father as you possibly could, so disgusted by him. "I cant believe you did that," you muttered in a stern, yet shaky tone of voice. He stopped walking, and looked at you dead on.

"Don't talk to me like that, girl," he hissed at you coldly. You met his eyes, with a burning wave of hate going through yours. "Don't even talk to me, because I can easily tell the cops what really happened," you snapped coldly.

Your father grinned his teeth together menacingly, looking like he did before he beat your mother. You clouded your eyebrows as you kept a quick walking pace, trying to get away from your father.

Then, you heard the ground pounding. Without looking back, you bolted down the road, hearing your father scream, "Don't run away from me like that!" Over and over. You were now actually scared. You ran for what seemed like forever, when you stopped near the Curtis household. You sighed in relief, just as someone roughly grabbed your arm.

Your father raised his ring covered fists, as you yelled out. "STOP IT!" You practically screeched. You tried to get out of your fathers grip, as he smacked you square in the side of the face. You yelled in pain, your face hot and stinging. Hot tears poured down your face as you heard the front door of the house fly open.

"Don't hurt her!" You heard someone yell furiously. It was Sodapop. Your father threw you to the ground, your face now dripping blood, and bruises forming on your arms. Soda and your dad fought for a while, before you father left in defeat and pure fury.

Soda helped you up, and you hugged him tightly. He wrapped his arms around you with a warm embrace, you sobbing into his shirt.

"Hey," he said softly. "If you ever need a mother, I think Darry is up for hire."