00 Prologue

see the end for author's note!

--

It was eclipse, another peaceful night after a long training session with his dad. Neteyam te Suli Tsyeyk'itan, the soon-to-be Olo'eyktan, is lying on his soon-to-be Tsahik lap. A breeze of winds blew through their skins, making them shiver. Neteyam has been laying on your lap long enough to make them sore, you did not bother though, the quiet peaceful hums from him were enough to soothe the pain. You stroke his hair gently trying not to wake him up.

"Can you sing the song for me? Please?" He asked, suddenly, not opening his eyes for once.

Ra'lien let out a sigh with a bit of a bitter smile drawn across her beautiful lips, Neteyam always asked her to sing that whenever he was having a hard time.

--

Ra'lien te Hi'i Ninat'ite

Ra'lien in ancient Kekunan Clan language means sky, but it's not just the sky. It's the sky and everything that comes in it, the wind, the clouds, and the stars, everything that makes the sky, a sky.

You were known to have an angelic voice since the day you were born, the clan gathers around your small hut the moment you came out of your mother's womb. They said it didn't sound like a normal baby cry that will hurt your eardrums, it sounded more like a song.

You had green-grayish eyes, standing out from the rest of the Omaticaya that was normally Canary. Growing up, you were so insecure about how you looked because the kids around your age would sit and stare at your eyes instead of playing with you. You hated it, so you would spend your time with your mom, Ninat, who is the best singer in the clan.

Your dad was a great warrior, he fought with the Toruk Makto as his right hand, against the sky people to victory. He was an air force commander in the Kekunan Clan-the banshee masters clan, he agreed and convinced the whole clan to help the Omaticaya in the Great War. He would not stop talking about it once you ask him about that, he was also a good friend of the Toruk Makto himself.

He is now also an air force commander in the Omaticaya Army, along with Neytiri and a few other skilled riders. He lead the air raid a few times, and none of them failed. He doesn't need any weapon, he and his ikran are enough to wipe out a dozen of weaponed aircraft, but when he does have a weapon (spears) with him, it'll be over for anyone who stands in his way. He is the reason why you have a green slightly grayish eyes.

The Toruk Makto's first-born son-Neteyam, was only 1 year older than you. He would jokingly ask the Olo'eyktan to betroth you with his son which was only given a grin to him.

Neteyam needs to focus on training to become the next Olo'eyktan, he's certainly sure is not going to let the poor boy rest and have a normal teenage life like the other, flirting and courting with women until they had their mind set to become mates.
You always perceived Neteyam to be a cold-blooded brother, based on the story that Kiri told you in the alchemy class with Mo'at.

He is like the 3rd parent of the family, and ever since Lo'ak was born, he has never gotten any rest. Neytiri and Jake might have some time for themselves on date nights, but Neteyam never got a chance to breathe. It was pretty understandable why he was so strict with his siblings, if anything wrong happen, he will be the one to blame. But still, that's kind of pathetic not allowing your siblings to have fun or staying past bedtime when Jake and Neytiri weren't home. What could possibly go wrong with staying up past bedtime? It is a family, not a squad.

Though you were born after the Great War, you still hate humans for the things they've done, they bring nothing but disaster to this planet and if you ever encounter them, you plea to yourself to shoot their brains. You will never trust a demon-blooded Na'vi completely either-namely, the Sully family. Even if he's the current Olo'eyktan, the past is the past but it will haunt the clan for life. Every bloodshed and lost soul because of the Great War still lingers as a suffocating memory. Meaning, you hate the silly idea of your father trying to arrange your marriage with the oldest Sully. Despite their gorgeous mother, they were considered ugly in the traditional Na'vi beauty standards, their lips were thin and their fangs were tiny. But even so, you're still a good friend of Kiri, the reason why is maybe both of you are feeling left out and having trouble being friends with girls your age.

Even if many girls your age swoon over Neteyam, you just couldn't get it. He might be a perfect son, a perfect soon-to-be Olo'eyktan, a perfect hunter, a perfect ikran rider, and the list goes on. You noticed the beauty standards have changed since the people look up to the Sully family. But still, demon-blooded are dull-looking creatures.

It's understandable how your father has this mindset, he was also betrothed to your mother as an act to form a relationship between the Omaticaya and Kekunan Clan. He never met your mother until the Great War when Toruk Makto asks for help with the sky warrior. Your dad stayed a few weeks in the Omaticaya Village because of injury, and the one who looks after him is your mother, Ninat-not knowing he was the one she was betrothed to.

You, as the daughter of one of the most people looked up to, must fill their expectations too. So you spent all your day training with Mo'at or practicing singing with the other kids. You also enjoy weaving and making tiny matching accessories with you and your mother.

But most importantly, you love the sky, you live up to your name. But because you weren't able to tame an ikran yet, you would sneak out to climb the highest tree in the village, to inhale the fresh air from thousands of feet up. On your 13th birthday, you wander alone, jumping from tree to tree and eventually finding a spot, an alcove on a large tree trunk, the tallest tree you ever climbed and it's spacious, there's enough room for five or more. It looks like some kind of a gift from Eywa on your birthday.

By then, you spend your free time building your own safe spot there, weaving blankets and pillows there to make it more comfortable since it's so high up, the temperature is lower, but you were surprisingly pretty okay with it, you're the daughter of a mighty warrior from Kekunan Clan after all.

Visualization

Ra'lien

author's note:
hi everyone! this is my first time making a full english fiction, and english is not my first language.
i am very sorry bc i may made a lot of grammatical mistakes now and then. but i will try my best! :)
and yes i do now ra'lien doesn't mean the sky, let's just pretend it does. i just made that name up from my own name HAHAH
see u! ;)