01

It's past 1 pm and you have done all of your work for the day, including helping your mother to wash the dishes, an activity you hate the most. You deliberately complete assignments faster than usual simply because you want to spend more time in your favorite niche.

You check your surroundings, making sure no one is paying attention to you so you could sneak out easily to your secret place. Clearing the area, you quickly jump into the tree branches and move from tree to tree. At this point, your muscle memorizes every branch of the tree you need to hop on to get on to your place. By that time, you would pass by prolemuris and bugs, scaring the hell out of them.

"Sorry!" You said to the lemurs who jumped from his place, aghast because they weren't expecting a Na'vi to be clinging there.

You finally reach the spot, brushing off the tree bark on your hands, and you walk to the alcove happily. 

"Good day, Mr. Tsawl!" You smiled at the big branch where you're standing. You named the tree Tsawl, which means Big.

You had much time before the sun sets, and you had one task, complete weaving the tablecloth for your little wardrobe, you hung a mirror above your little table. You decorate your little spot with many memorable things from your life.

At the entrance, you hung a curtain made of river glass beads that would tinkle when they hit each other. You weave a poorly done rug with an atokirina-like pattern, it was understandable why it's poorly done, that was the first thing you made for this place when you first got here. You also made blankets and pillows, even if you hate humans, you do like the idea of being hugged by something when you sleep or something to keep you warm in the low suffocating degree temperature.

When all of a sudden, you hear a crashing sound from outside, it's like something big had fallen hard on the large tree branches that were near your niche. You pull the dagger from the small pocket on your right thigh. You slowly walk outside to see what was the thing that interrupt your weaving session.

An injured forest ikran.

You gasp as it tried to get up and stare at you, but failed, it slump again. Looks like it was chased by a Toruk or the Great Leoneptaryx. Huge claw marks were visible on its back, intending that it almost got caught by the Toruk. You were having a mental fight with yourself, if you don't push this creature off the branch, it will most likely kill you, but if you help it, it might want to bond with you. You have always dreamed of having your own ikran.

The poor ikran let out a groan, you were staring at its eyes—stupid move, but no aggressions were showing there, just desperate for help. You store the dagger back in its place and reach its beak, petting it slowly, it let out a purr as it closes its eyes, it's a female ikran. Her color was different than any other ikranay species which was usually green to camouflage with the forest, she has a white body and blue and indigo stripes, along with a hint of orange on the corner of her wings. Much more like a mountain ikran, but way smaller in size, in fact, she is still a young ikran. Her color and pattern made it her hard to camouflage with the forest, making her easy prey for the Toruk to feast.

"Sweet girl, calm down. I'm going to help you out."

-

You named her Ney'n, meaning white. Time has passed since you bonded with her at the age of 15, making you the youngest ikran rider in the clan. You added two new beads to your song cord after you successfully bond with her.

But that was a secret, you don't have the nerve to say that to your father yet, he will most definitely skin you to death or worse, force you to join the army.

Your mom and dad have been always hard on you. Being the only child of the family, your mom wants you to be a singer and performer like her, but your dad insists on making you a strong warrior like him. But you hate the idea of both of them. Yes, you do love dancing and singing, and you do enjoy training with your dad. But all you wanted to be is a free spirit. An explorer. Who goes wherever the wind takes you.