"Yeah?" She said quickly turning back to her friends.

"Moony was asking if you had done the care of magical creatures reading" he told her

"Oh uhm...yeah yeah" she said nodding her eyes meeting Remus's.

The boys gave her a strange look but continued on with their conversation.

Ella half listened to everyone while picking at the food on her plate.

"Reggie said he was going to try out for his quidditch team this year" Sirius told James

"No way" James shouted. El looked up at the boys her interest peaked.

James and Ella both played on the quidditch team the last two years, both as chasers.

"What position?" She asked
"Seeker" Sirius huffed

James rolled his eyes and sighed
"Don't worry lads, we'll still bring the quidditch cup home this year" Ella reassured her friends.

"I sure hope you're right" Sirius said

September 5th 1974

"Alright you lot" Gideon Prewett shouted over the excited chatter on the quidditch pitch.

James immediately turned his attention to the older boy.

He was the team captain and their keeper.

"We have a lot of good talent trying out this year, some new...some from last year"

Ella was looking around at everyone listening. There were a few second years clutching their brooms tightly but also some third years who hadn't tried out last year.

Marlene would be trying out for the first time this year. She was also trying out to be a chaser.

"Don't worry about it" James whispered noticing Ella's nervous look.

"Alright, let's get in the air and get going" Gideon said clasping his hands together.

Marlene smiled at her friends before kicking off.

Everyone was running drills around the pitch vying for their place on the team.

They worked hard for an hour before Ella had a moment to catcher breath.

She noticed the Slytherin team was slowly trickling in as their tryouts were coming to a close.

She was sat on her broom listening to the other chasers when something on the ground caught her attention.

A bludger had been released from the Slytherin equipment and was hurtling towards on of the Gryffindor players.

Without a second thought El took off as fast as she could.

She flew past Gideon and grabbed the beaters bat out of his hand.

She hit the bludger with all her might sending it hurtling back towards the ground.

Amelia Bones jumped and turned around on her broom.

Her brow was furrowed and she was breathing heavily.

She held eye contact with Ella unsure what to say.

"Thank you" she squeaked out eventually.

"Of course" she said nodding to her teammate.

Gideon flew to the ground immediately. Everyone could hear the shouting even from the air.

James flew over to Ella and gave her a high five