Chapter 8

Shiro POV

Zarkon is coming. Today to be exact. Everyone is panicking and looking after Keith. What if Zarkon is the father? Will I have to say goodbye to Keith? I have cried multiple times over the past few days. Mainly out of grief. But I'm also happy about this opportunity. Keith will be reunited with his family. There's a lot of happy things to take from this. I should stop focusing on the sad ones.
"Shiro?!" Allura's voice knocked me out of my thoughts.
"Yes? I'm over here!" I called back
"Come on Shiro! We're saying our final good-byes to Keith." I smiled softly at Antok's words. They were all so sure this was going to be the last time they see Keith. I got up. If this is the last time I see Keith I'm not going to rest until the rest of the universe is in peace. I'm already doing that anyway but I'll try extra hard. For Keith.

3rd POV

Shiro walked through the corridors of the castle before stopping in front of the main hangar room. Everyone else was there. Antok was holding Keith. He and Thace were crying with their respective boyfriends (husbands?) comforting them. 
"Oh Shiro! You're here!" Pidge shouted and ran over to Shiro. He smiled down at them. "Come on! I think Keith is enjoying this extra attention." Shiro chuckled. He went over to the little group with Pidge.

They all stood there ticking and hugging Keith for a while before Lance voiced something they all has been thinking about. 
"Hey don't you think it's weird? Keith was so stoic and calm but he was really just a child. The stuff he went through was horrendous." A murmur of agreement came from the others.
*BEEP*
"That's a tranmission. That means Zarkon is here." Coran stated. Everyone else just groaned. Allura looked at everyone and smiled sadly.
"Come on guys. It's time to find the truth. And if Zarkon is Keith's father, then we'll let him go." Everyone else nodded albeit a little gravely. Coran opened the transmission. Zarkon and Lotor appeared on screen.
"Hello Voltron." Shiro looked at Zarkon.
"Zarkon. Hello. You have permission to enter the Castle of Lions." Zarkon bowed his head while Lotor glared at the paladins. The transmission cut off and an uneasy silence coated the room.

A few minutes later, Zarkon and Lotor came into the room. Antok and Kolivan walked over to them with Keith in Antok's arms.
"Are you sure you'll be able to take care of him without his mother? Or another omega?" Lotor nodded while taking Keith off of Antok.
"Yes. I have personally been overseeing a project where families without a mother or omega can still look after their cubs safely." Kolivan smiled and nodded. Keith nuzzled into Lotor's chest. Lotor smiled down at him.
"He recognises me... He knows who I am." Zarkon placed a gentle hand on his eldest son's shoulder. Keith sniffed and started waving his hands in the air as if trying to catch Zarkon's scent. Zarkon laughed and allowed Keith to grab onto his finger.

The Voltron paladins looked at the scene unfolding before them with forlorn happiness.
"Guess they are family." Lance murmured.
"Family stays with family." Pidge mumbled.
"Keith will always stay in our hearts." Hunk peeped.
Zarkon looked at the paladins.
"Thank you Voltron. You've returned my son to me. There'll be no need for this war now yes?" Allura nodded.
"Take care Zarkon."
Lotor grinned at the paladins.
"You can always come visit if you want."
And with that, Zarkon, Lotor and Keith left the room and the Castle of Lions.

"I guess this means that Voltron has been disbanded."
"We can go home..."
"The universe has been saved"

628 words
Omg I finally got this done ;-; This has taken me too long. So Zarkon is the father. All that's left will be an epilogue and the story will be completed. Thank you so much for sticking around this long
-Astro