Chapter 6

Real quick before we begin, thank you for over 1k reads! I wasn't expecting it to happen tbh. But thank you for actually choosing to read this. I really only do this for fun and I don't expect alot of reads. Anyway on with the story.

⚠️TW⚠️: Physical child abuse and suicide mentions! Please do not read if uncomfortable! These are all for plot. Do get help if you are suicidal please! Don't suffer! *Literally starts crying over people I don't know*

Lance POV

What kind of trauma does Keith have that Shiro knows about? Everyone was staring at me now. "I said that out loud didn't I?" They all nodded. "Why would you say Keith has trauma Lance?" Allura asked.
"You could always tell from how he acted. He was always ready for a fight, as if we would hurt him and his walk was weird. Like he was fighting off an eternal limp. And the way Shiro would be the one to calm him down. It's as if he's done so before."
"For once that's something smart coming out of your mouth Lance." Pidge slapped my back. "But the question is, is it true?"
Shiro looked directly at Pidge.
"Pidge. Did your father or brother ever tell you about the domestic child abuse case that the Garrison got given from the police?" Pidge nodded. Shiro took a deep breath.
"The truth is, that exact case referred to Keith."

Kolivan POV

What!? I could feel Antok shaking beside me. "How old was he?" My words came out as a growl, scaring everyone. The kit started to wail. Lance took the kit out of Shiro's arms and started bouncing him and whispering something to Keith. Keith soon fell asleep. "How old was he?" I asked again, this time much more calmly. Shiro shuddered. "Around five or six. I don't know. It was so hard to think about anything when I found him." Shiro sighed. Five!? That's like a human child being 4 pheobes old!
"How did everything work out?" Antok asked. Nervousness leaked out of him and Thace. "Well... We took his father to court and he got sentenced for 19 deca-pheobes but he killed himself in prison."
It's a relief that the kit won't get hurt anymore.

Lance POV

Keith snuggled into my chest while Shiro was talking. I felt my heart break when I found out that this small little child was hurt so much. Shiro pulled out his phone.
"I still keep record of everything about the case. Just in case." He connected his phone to the control panel. Instantly, multiple files came up on the screen.
"I know the blades and alteans won't be able to read this so I'll read it out. Or at least,the parts you guys want to know about." One file really stuck out to me.
"Hey Shiro, can we have a look at the injury list?" Shiro nodded. "As long as none of you get too traumatized." I pulled Keith in to my chest. Shiro pulled up the list. Pidge jumped up and started reading.
"Slightly blind in one eye, broken leg, other bones fractured, concussion, 2nd degree burns and various other cuts and small burns." Fury burned inside me, as it did in all the others. Keith has been through too much pain. An idea came to my head. I smiled slightly.

"New mission guys! Let's give Keith the childhood he deserves!"

576 words
I hope no one was too triggered by that. If you were, I am very extremely sorry. I you weren't, I'm relieved you weren't.
Thank you for reading 💕💕💕