23 : desperate for your love

Start from the beginning

jungkook smiled, his eyes radiating a warmth that gave a sense of comfort.

"i promise. we can lock our fingers if you want"

"you mean pinky promise?" taehyung sobbed cutely.

jungkook scrunched his nose to prevent himself from squealing or stretching the bread cheeks of the older before he nodded, "pinky promise"

both boys raised their pinky fingers before intertwining them, breaking into flustered giggles. jungkook rested his head on taehyung's lap, rubbing his face against the older's smooth legs since he was wearing shorts.

taehyung played with jungkook's soft long hair as he always wanted to, while the younger complimented how even with snot he looked so pretty. taehyung resulting in smacking his head from embarrassment.

however, they were forgetting it was not one of those harmless promises they could have made as kids. this one was hard to keep up, and it can ruin the lives of three people at once.

but jungkook swore to himself,

if he had to fight the world for his taehyung, he most definitely will.

┅┅┅

"you're back"

taehyung shuddered when he stepped in. his eyes fell on bogum who was sitting by the edge of the couch, looking at him with tired eyes.

the brunette didn't know why but bogum seemed really different. in their years of marriage, never once did taehyung fail to recognize his own husband but at the sheer moment of them face-to-face. one having a tired look in his eyes while the other just didn't want to look back into those tired eyes- everything felt so unfamiliar.

"yeah" taehyung dryly replied. not wanting to do anything with his husband at the moment.

just looking at that face reminds him of that dreadful night which still feels like a nightmare to him. just having a glimpse of his husband's face made tears whelm in his eyes.

bogum reminds him of how pathetic he is.

"how's your aunt?"

taehyung almost forgot he lied to bogum. nodding slightly, taehyung looked away. "she's alright now"

"i see. . . she never wanted to meet you after we got married. i guess things are good now?" bogum asked, looking at the stiffened male who wouldn't just look at him.

taehyung removed his shoes and walked in, "not really. but it was urgent." he tried to walk past bogum without sparing him a glance but bogum grabbed his wrist, stopping him from leaving.

taehyung widened his eyes from the skinship, being reminded of that night when bogum harshly grabbed his hand to drag him upstairs.

looking down at their hands and then at bogum, taehyung snatched his hand out of his grasp before standing a few feet away from him.

bogum realized what he had done just now and parted his lips to say something, but no words came out. not even a sorry.

taehyung's heart ached again. he wanted the male to say something, to speak for himself but bogum just stood there, looking at him with those hopeless eyes.

appearing to look like a stranger.

"don't touch me"