14

It was stupid

My whole idea just to get back at him and i regret it

I cant stop thinking about what wouldve happened ifnhe wasnt there to save me and quite frankly its haunting me but i keep running.

I find myself along the edge of hawkins as i run through the forest to the high way

'Come back to HAWKINS soon' was painted on a sign i walk towards it before i feel my head start to pulse. Ik someone was trying to communicate with me but i ignored it and walked onward.

I had no idea where i was going i just left without a word.

————————

Its been a month since i was in hawkins

I found a small town called greendale where i found a cheap motel that i snuck into everynight.

I met some people but the people around here a really up tight about their personal lives so i keep to myself alot of the time.

I often wonder when i should go back how everyone is doing. But i needed to be away longer.

Slowly the head pulsing from henry trying to send me signals slowed down hntil it was just silence.

The odd day el tries to make contact with me but i ignore it.

I finally start drifting to sleep when i find myself in the void

"What the fuck" i whisper to myself as i look around to see eleven looking at me.

"El how did- nevermind whats up" i ask acting like no time has passed though her hair has grown linger and shes gotten more comfortable with her style it warms my heart.

"You have to come back" el says frantically "what why" i ask "its henry" she says before i feel like im back in my body again no longer in the void before i hitch hike with a couple and their daughter who were also heading to hawkins.

"Hey here will be fine thank you so much" i say closing their car door and waiting for them to drive off. I walk into the wheelers house where i here chatter in the basement i try to quietly make my way down stairs when a creak in the floorboards catches everyones attention.

"Suprise" i say slowly with a weak smile and everyone stares bewildered at the fact im back.

"Whats up with henry" i ask and everyone looks towards the couch

He had had alchol in his hand and he was passed out next to another women ive never met.

"And this is my problem why" i roll my eyes about to leave when a hand grabs my arm i turn to be met with the drunken blonde guy had once known with his hand connecting to my wrist.

"Oh my god you have a girlfriend???" The blonde slag next to him squealed jumping up and marching out of the house

"so..." I say "yn? I was- just talking about you" he says while slurring his words I walk up to him and strike my hand across his cheek.

"what were you thinking this is not your house and for you to bring this low life slut down here with children in the room is fucking absurd" I scream whilst everyone chooses to olook anywhere but at me and henry

"jealous?" he giggles earning another slap

"your fucking insane get out now" I say pointing towards the dor but henry just shakes his head

"n-no yn you have been somewhere else for a month or something y- you cant tell me to get out" the blonde says standing up.

now what I say next will be alarming but to get him out of the room now im seriously gonna knock him out.

"henry if you get out I will want to kiss you so you can stay in here I guess" I say in a sickly sweet voic while rocking on my heels

almost instantly henry was caught running towards the stairs and stumbling. I take agonizingly slow steps and pull henry outside.

I lean in and so does he before I slap him for a third time this time almost certainly earning a bruise

"liar" he pouts grabbing his cheek

"seriously go get a job and find somewhere else to live you cant bring that bull shit into a childs home who do you think you are?" I say in one breathe

"ok look im sorry okay im sorry please just- im so sorry" he said tears almost forming in his eyes. I take a moment to look at him in his drunken state and I couldn't help but feel bad. he is still the same boy I met when I was 14 and I cant help but want to hug him.

so that's what I did

as I embraced him I felt him stiffen under my touch before melting into my arms and his arms wrapped tightly around my lower waist as if to close any space between us if that was even possible.

"I missed you" he says and I just nod holding him tighter

"I know.."