7

it's been 2 years since I escaped.

I've been staying with this girl her names Nancy wheeler she's about the same age as I am I'm 17 and she's 18. she has a little brother called Mike he's the cutest thing he reminds me alot like Henry minus the powers.

"Nancy can I tell you something" I ask. she was currently just coming out of the shower. its about 9 o'clock at night so we were getting ready for bed.

"yeah sure" she says sitting down beside me on her bed as she dries her dark brown hair.

"you know the lab, that I came from" I say cautiously making sure I don't put it all on her at once. "yeah" she says concerned.

"well- uh- just watch" I say. it's been 2 years since I last used my powers. I look at her stuffed bear and I focus. 'it's all in the mind not the body' playing in my head.

I open my eyes and see a shocked Nancy and a floating pink bear that Jonathan gave her.

"what the f-" she started "i know it's weird Nancy and crazy and unexplainable but that's not what I want to talk to you about" I cut her off and she stares at me still trying to process what happened.

I take a deep breathe and start telling her about Henry minus a few details I mentioned how we were strangers, then friends, then almost something else. and we went to escape but he sacrificed himself for me.

truth is I'm starting to get flashbacks randomly. or I'll be asleep and I'll wake up in the void again and I see the same thing over and over I see Henry 2 years ago after saving me. getting tortured and tazed with a collar.

"so I know it's alot but I need to find him" I say letting out a deep breath I didn't know I was holding in.

a few moments of a very loud silence filled the air.

"okay.. I've got a plan" Nancy said.

honestly I was expecting her to freak out on me but then I remembered eleven. me and Nancy were introduced to El 2 months ago so I guess it wasn't that crazy that me and her both have powers because we both escaped the same lab.

El knew about my powers. I don't know how she escaped and she doesn't know how I did but at the end of rhe day we knew.

"I'm a reporter. I can interview Dr Brenner and ask for a tour. we can see if that guy is still in there" Nancy said so confidently but I knew it wouldn't be that easy.

but it was worth a shot.

after days of planning it was finally time to put the play in action Nancy had gotten us fake diplomas with high GPA scores

we called in a few times for appointment bookings with doctor Brenner and we found one for 5 o'clock.

I decide to make myself well dressed so the interview seems more real and wear a ton of make up so he doesn't recognize me even though my facial structure has changed quite a bit. better safe then sorry.

we pull up to the laboratory and walk through the front doors inside we see multiple men and woman working on machinery.

"hello sir we are here to speak to doctor Brenner. I'm Clarke Pearson and this is Angelez Placid." Nancy said very formally and the man pressed a red button and told us to take a seat.

all was fine until I saw Dr brenner walk in, hand linked with a little boys hand.

"ahh miss Pearson and placid right this way" he said letting go of the little boy and nodding to one of the guards.

we walk into a large office and in the corner of the room stood a tall thin man with blonde hair and peircing blue eyes. he stood calmly and he looked very welcoming. giving me and Nancy a small smile as we walked into the room.

me and Nancy both got seated before asking pointless questions about him. sometimes I saw the younger man's face screw up and Dr Brenner answers.

"peter. would you like to take them for a tour around" Dr Brenner asked and the tall man stepped forward and motioned for us to leave the room with him.

something about him was so familiar but I don't know a peter?

as we were walking and he showed us rooms where the workers were building machines I decided to speak up. it could be the worst idea of my life but I have to.

"do you know a Henry creel?" I ask the tall blonde man and Nancy looks at me like I'm rhe most stupid person to ever set foot on this planet.

"what?" peter asks a little taken aback "henry, is he here" I ask again. I need to help him bit if peter doesn't tell me anything I can't do shit.

Peter grabs me and Nancy's arms and takes us into a closet. this closet is oddly familiar to me.

"listen I don't know who you are but Henry is gone." he said pulling on a string for light to come on.

I look down at my feet feeling so upset with myself did I leave him to get tortured to death? pity filled me before I saw the man's wrist.

a 1 was poking out from under his long sleeve. I quickly grab his arm and lift the sleeve. 001. also he had some really veiny arms ir was quite hot but I decided not to focus on them.

I look up at the man. this could be the worst mistake of my life. I lift up my sleeve to reveal th numbers "006" peter looks at me in shock.

"y/n?" he asks confused and in shock. "yes. yeah it's me" I say tears filling my eyes. I hug the tall man infront of me like there was no tomorrow.

"oh- woah" Nancy says stepping back. I completely forgot Nancy was in here.

"we will get you out I promise henry" I say softly still being held in his embrace.

___________________

a/n

might be a little fast but there s gonna b alot of obstacles and shii uhmmm also I felt so bad for leaving yall like that. if I went more into depth with this chapter I woulda had yall in tears and let's not do that 😩🤙🏼 anywaysss give me ideass