chapter 7

Today was hopefully the last day I go to work. I just couldn't see this man ever again.
"Morning sweetie. Are you leaving for work now?" My mum asked.
"Yes I am.. also I am gonna look for a new flat today. I think it's time I moved out." I spoke softly to my mother. She smiled gently and nodded her head.
"I knew you were leaving soon. I will help you if you like too." I smiled then hugged my mum tightly.
"Thanks." I left the house and went to my car. I jumped in and sped of to work.

When I reached the building I saw Adam standing outside. He had his hands in his pockets and his head was bowed down.
"Hey Adam." He looked up and smiled softly at me.
"Morning." His deep voice replied. I smiled even brighter. Right now I felt a weird feeling surge through me. I don't really understand it but it scared me. Then Adam touched my arm and I felt it again. It was a powerful shock.
"Well I have to..um leave now." I stuttered. Adam nodded then I sped off into an elevator. I was about to press a button until someone else did it. I looked up and saw David. The guy I was supposed to avoid.
"Hey Ava." He looked at me with a hungry glare. I shivered and backed into a corner. However, he came closer to me. Then I saw him take a card out and jam it into the elevator card slot. The whole thing stopped and I was scared.
"Now now my dear Ava I have been waiting for you for a long time."
I couldn't move now he had me cornered. He grabbed me tightly and pulled me close.
"I am going to have you Ava." He whispered seductively. I tried to move but his grip was tight. Then suddenly his lips were on mine and I couldn't stop him. He kissed me hard. Then he grabbed my skirt and pulled it up slowly. I let out a small cry but he gave me no mercy. He then cupped my breasts and squeezed them hard. I was now crying but he didn't care. I screamed loudly trying to make him stop but it wouldn't happen. I then felt the elevator move but he didn't register it. We reached the bottom again and Adam was there watching. He rushed in and tore him away from me. He then looked at me and saw what had happened to me. He picked me up then took me to his car.
" I will hand in your resignation for you. You stay away from here okay. I will be back." He said. I nodded and waited downstairs for him to return.

Adam's pov:

I walked up the stairs of the building and then I entered the elevator. My fists clenched every now and then as the lift gradually got closer to my destination. 

Beep!

I rushed out the lift and paced to his room. I ignored the woman's cries and barged through the door. He looked at me startled.

"What do you want Adam?" He asked. I soon jumped over his desk and punched him hard in the face. He spat out some blood from the cut and then he stood up himself.

"I suppose she did find out." He mumbled.

"Yeah she did..Here is her resignation and mine too." I placed down the two pieces of paper and watched his reaction. 

"She can't leave!" He roared. I just laughed at how pathetic he was.

"Seriously, Brother, You're married for God's sake!" He sat down and rubbed his face harshly.

"mm..I won't give up." He smirked at me then sat back down. He seemed smug and my blood boiled over tipping point. However, my phone rang.

"Hello..."

"Yes I will be right down now..."

"Bye.."

I put my phone away and walked out but before i left i waved and smiled at him.

"You're lucky I don't know who your wife is." After saying that I slammed his door and left the building. We will never return here again.

Ava's pov:

I waited for Adam and it seemed like forever. However, as I thought that he came out the elevator. I noticed his hand was bruised. I guess I was still shocked from what happened with David but Adam was hurt.

"Adam, What the hell." I grabbed his hand and inspected it.

"It's nothing." He muttered but I could tell something was wrong as his fists were balled up tightly. 

"Come on. Let me get you lunch. It's the most I can do." He spoke. I just nodded and we drove to a cafe I really liked. It was a small Cafe on the end of the street and It made the best hot chocolates ever. 

As we entered the cafe. Both Adam and I sat down in a booth. Eventually and old lady came over to ask for our choices.

"Hey Jan. I will have the hot chocolate and a full english please." She smiled then she looked at Adam.

"I will have the same thanks."  I smiled at him then I grabbed his hand. I kissed it softly and wrapped my hand around it.

"My mum always says and Kiss and a hug will make the pain go away." I smiled softly at him until he cuckled. I still shook from earlier but his laughter helped me forget everything.

"Wow Eva. how old are you?"

"23. So what?!" I spoke whilst pouting my lips. He just laughed again. 

"So what are you gonna do now?" I asked him.

"Well I have a mini business on the side I will continue and hopefully branch out. If you like you can come work for me?" He asked hopefully. I thought for a moment then I made a decision.

"Damn I really need a job and you're the best idea. Deal!" I shook his hand and laughed at how ridiculous we were.

"Ava can I ask you something?" I looked at him as he stared at me. I was getting a little worried.

"sure." I spoke back.

"Um... never mind.Forget it." He spoke. I just shrugged it off but I knew deep down something was bothering him.

"Hey moody! Let's get wasted tonight. I think we need too," He looked at me with a Holy-crap-you-just-got-touched look But fuck it If I wanted to forget everything This was my way of doing it.

"Come ooon. We both need it." I wined. He soon sighed and agreed to my plan. I made a little victory dance but soon stopped as Jan came over with our drinks and food.

"Yum I just love their Hot chocolate here." He just chuckled again and we ate in a comfortable silence.

"Okay Meet me at mine for 8. I spoke as Adam walked me home.

"Yes 8 O'clock. Got it." He smiled then left me at my doorstep. I suppose I was still a bit shaken up but, David is long gone now just Like Ryan and that is good. All I have now is Adam and I'm happy with that. Mum was also going to help me move out too. So tonight is flat hunting and dress hunting too. I couldn't wait...