Part 13: Survivor

. • .° • *. •.  .

Everything was a fuzzy, distorted blur. Nothing would focus, the ringing wouldn't stop. Hands felt numb, brittle; Legs were no different. Every muscle felt like it had been fused into the floor, like they were being pulled down by gravitational forces much more capable than that of normality. The only movement at all visible to bystanders was the ever so slight shift of hair that would occur when wind hit.

To anyone watching her, they would've thought Ni'teya was dead.

.

(POV: Ni'teya)

Something was cold; It would hit my face after every few seconds or so. I wanted to see what it was, what was causing it.
Something was also physically hitting me; It knew what it was though. My hair. I wanted to move it, keep it out of my way.
Something felt off about my hands, I thought. I could feel a sort of tingle, like static from a radio had been imported into my body's system. I wanted to move them, but...
I couldn't.

I couldn't move anything. My legs, stuck. Hands, even more so.

My eyes however...

Opened.

A light almost made me want to close them again, but I knew I had to continue on. Once I had, everything became clearer, which, to be frank, wasn't all-in-all a good thing. — I was then able to move my neck and slightly fiddle my fingers around at the tips; The static was wearing off slowly, too. 

When I looked around at my right-hand surroundings, I didn't catch much. It was mostly grey, steel walls, a few patches of rust or places where the paint had been scraped off around the place, which told me that this room wasn't one that was used a whole lot. — And, obviously, that this was not the reef. — I examined all I could on my right side before turning to my left, finding a pretty drastic contrast in emptiness and... Stuff.

There were all the boxes anyone could ever need, laballed with words like 'Fragile' or 'Cargo', making me move on rather quickly. Next to that mess was a singular window, my light source, slightly opened at the top of it.

But, when I turned to my direct left, I almost died... again...?

Stood there, staring down at me, sweat dripping from his forehead, his hands holding two separate objects, one with some kind of military object and the other with a half-eaten fruit, was none other than the culprit of this whole situation.
Spider.
Without an inch of hesitation on my part, I lunged to grab him somehow, to seize him in any way that I could.

It seemed he'd been anticipating my attack though, as he pointed his alien military gadget straight at me and pressed something on it, sending a sensation of pain my way. —It was a taser, I think, if that's the correct term. — I backed away only slightly, only having to endure the shock for around a second, however it was long enough for me to understand that I wasn't going to be able to reach him.

These Sky-People and their cheat methods, man.
Pick up a spear, for Eywa's sake!

Now that I was fully aware of where I was, who I was with, what was happening as well as most of what had happened, I began to ask myself the corresponding questions; How long had I been there, why wasn't I dead, how was I alive, where was Lo'ak and...