drive of death

Do you bite your thumb at us, sir?

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

She almost sent the letter to Sirius. But something made her refrain. It wasn't a reflection of him— even if it was Sirius' family. He had made it clear from the day she met him that their feelings were not his own.

She knew it was him, how couldn't she? He knew where she lived. He was the only person that had a brother whom she was friends with. It had to be Regulus.

Mudblood. She hadn't heard that one before, and if she had— surely it would have been from Mrs. Fitzpatrick. That woman was a wretch. If mum wasn't sick she would have asked her what it meant, but mum was tired. She didn't want to tire her further. Or make her sad. Mum was already sad more often than not.

It made her angry— so angry she wished she knew which house was his so that she could throw a rock through the front window. She wouldn't do that. Not really. But it was fun to pretend.

She had never done anything to him— or to Sirius. The fact of the matter was that their family problems had transcended help well before she had met Sirius in the courtyard nearly five years before. He had told her so. Even if he hadn't she would have known with a well educated guess. So Regulus was an immature boy. An immature boy with feelings that aligned with Mrs. Fitzpatrick's.

It made her sad— always had and always will. She never did anything to any of these people. The only crime that Charlotte Thomas was guilty of was being born with a darker complexion. Though it wasn't a crime— she knew that. Mum had always made sure she knew that.

She knew he couldn't have known— but it hurt her feelings that he had to spoil her birthday.

Sixteen. She was almost an adult.

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯