s2e0 | we did it! we saved the city!

Start from the beginning

"What a total thief." You snickered quietly. "No wonder he annoyed everyone here."

"And what about the furnace?" Redson asked. "I can't make anything without that."

"It could be there in the lab, but my guess is it will be in the Jade Emperor's throne room." Tang explained.

"Wait, what-" MK stuttered.

"Alright, then. I'll be off to grab that peach," Redson stretched, before beginning to hop off. "Toodles!"

Redson was instantly grabbed by the collar of his jacket by Mei, who glared towards the redhead. "What? Like, we just let you wander off on your own?"

Redson quickly escaped Mei's grip. "You just wait here like an obedient, little—"

Mei quickly bit his hand, while you began recording the two struggle, despite Redson's anger towards you.

"I'll go for the pills." Pigsy offered. "Uh, they're just regular-looking pills, right? Round-kind-of-shaped-like pills? You know, like normal pills?"

"I better come, too." Tang deadpanned.

"And I'll get the furnace," MK suggested.

"On your own? I don't know if that's a good idea.." Pigsy frowned.

"I can go with you, MK," you suggested.

"A-Are you sure??" MK turned towards you with concern. "I.. I don't want you to get hurt."

"The throne room's too well-guarded." Tang added. "MK, it's best if you and (Name) go together."

You gave a thumbs up towards Tang, summoning your wings and grabbing onto MK's arms, flying quickly into the air.

"You guys get the items and get back here as fast as you can. I'll stay here and knock some sense into the engines." Sandy chimed in.

With that, the group split up into teams of two, searching stealthily through the Celestial Realm for each needed item.

────────────

"Everything in this place looks like an album cover," you commented as you walked with MK up the stairs, admiring the views.

"It's really pretty," MK added. "I think there's the throne room up ahead."

"Great! That wasn't so bad, was it?" you grinned. "Last one up the stairs and into the throne room is a rotten egg!"

You immediately bolted forward, with MK shouting playfully and running after you- the two of you unaware of the lion statue's eyes glowing.

You huffed as you ended up last, with MK chuckling victoriously. "Guess I win this time, huh?"

"Screw your mystic magical monkey powers," you panted.

"This place looks so cool, (Name)!" MK awed, taking a few steps into the hallway with you following close behind.

"Yeah, everything here looks like it costs a fortune.." you crossed your arms, observing the large hallway. "Oh, there's the furnace."

Towards the right was the massive furnace, blue light surrounding the ancient artifact as it was held up by iron chains.

"Well that was easy!" MK grinned.

"You jinxed us," you pointed towards the entrance, revealing two growling lions, aiming towards you and MK.

"Uhm.. nice.. giant, monster dogs..?" MK whimpered as the lions slowly approached the two of you.

"I don't wanna be dog food!" you screamed- MK following your scream in unison as he grabbed your arm and jumped into the large furnace with you.