Like a Wolf

Stiles Rare Pair Event 2023: Ship - Briles (Brett + Stiles)

🌙🐾•🐺•🐾🌙

Stiles is an avid reader and has been since he could read, maybe even before because he would tell stories, making them up off the top of his head. He would read everything he could get his hands on and demanded to go to the library as often as possible. He was insatiable when it came to knowledge and was often compared to a sponge.

When he entered junior high everyone who was anyone was talking about the Twilight book series. Now Stiles has always loved two genres in particular: Fantasy and Mystery. So, when he hears about this Twilight series he jumps on the bandwagon and gets a copy from the library as soon as he can. There's a waiting list so it must be good.

When he sets the final book– Breaking Dawn –aside after finishing it, he just stares at nothing. He has come to a few conclusions. Edward is a creeper and a stalker who is preying on an underage girl. Vampires suck and not in a fun way. Also, it's completely unrealistic for them to fucking sparkle. The vampires are cold as fuck and definitely not cuddly at all.

Overall, there has never been a book that Stiles has regretted reading more than Twilight. The only good thing about it was the wolves. Stiles bets the wolves are warm and would give amazing cuddles.

It's like a lightbulb goes off in his head. He's seen the Vampire Diaries and their portrayal of vampires is so much better but again the best part is the wolves, even though they don't get nearly as much screen time.

Stiles has always loved wolves but unfortunately there just aren't enough books about them. With a smirk he decides his eighth grade year to write his own books series. He already has tons of ideas.

Now Stiles isn't exactly a loner nor is he an introvert. He just hasn't met anyone who he feels like being friends with. It worried his parents, but he promised he was okay, and he was. Every morning he goes to school. Every afternoon he has either swim team practice or cross country practice and then every evening after dinner and homework he will sit down at his laptop and write.

🌙🐾•🐺•🐾🌙

By the time he graduates high school Stiles has written three books and had them bound for his own use. When he goes to pick them up before heading to university the man known as the book binder stops him.

"You wrote these yourself?" he asks.

Stiles nods. "Yes, sir."

The man reaches into his wallet and pulls out a card. "Give this number a call. These have potential, kid. You just need an agent."

He takes the card and realizes it's a business card. The card has the name Nathaniel Huxton along with a phone number, an email and an address. He quirks a brow at the man. "New York City huh?"

"Yep!" the man says popping the p. "That there Nathaniel is an old friend of mine. You just tell him good old Howie sent you and he'll work with you."

"I don't know what to say. I mean I'm going to NYU. It's sort of perfect. Almost like–"

Howie grins. "Fate. Well then you best call him. Safe travels to you my boy and best of luck. Oh! I'd like a signed copy when you get all big and famous."

Stiles blushes and tucks the card into his own wallet. He doesn't think his books will be that amazing. They were the result of an eighth grade boy's imagination and born of a disappointment in the lack of wolf representation in literature. It's entirely possible that none of that has any potential now.