Chapter One (Daily Life PT. 2)

Over the course of a few hours, Hazel and I managed to find only a few things. One, seems that the back hallways were actually hallways to the dorms, meaning that each of us had an assigned dorm. The strange part about this though was that each room had a certain puzzle you had to solve; maze of mirrors, target practice, etc., meaning that it would take a while to actually get to your room.

What really disturbed me about the rooms though was the fact that they existed, meaning that this whole thing wasn't just a stupid and terrible joke meant to play on us.

     We decided to try out one of the pathways to one of the rooms. Each of the puzzles had assigned name tags, meaning they didn't have to go through every single path just to find theirs. I wished Hazel luck, as she was about to go down her own which consisted of one of those ring tosses. There was a series of doors, each of which you could open by landing a certain number of tosses.

     My own puzzle was a simple dart throw. The series of doors to open were on almost every puzzle, because most carnival games are games that would be easy to bypass. The only ones that weren't were the maze or mirrors, a certain mine cart ride sort of thing where you had to choose the right path, and my own dart toss. Instead, there was a score beside the door and a target completely covering the door. I saw the mechanical arm that would move after I got to zero. The maze of mirrors and cart ride I found a bit unfair, because after a certain amount of times of going through those, they would just memorize the path, but oh well. Beggars can't be choosers.

     I was never really good at any sport, and dart throwing is no different. After picking up my first dart of many, I had literally no idea how to use it. I tried many different positions before I finally found one that would be comfortable to throw in.

I threw my arm forward, and...

I forgot to let go of the dart.

"Fuck this! I'm sleeping in the damn hallways for all I care!" I hissed, slamming the dart against the small table that held all of my darts. The darts shook, a single one falling onto the floor.

     "That probably wouldn't be a good idea~!" I heard a childish voice from behind me. My body immediately tensed, becoming stiff. I felt my heart rate become faster, and I was immediately reminded of my situation.

     "Y-Yeah..." I said, not wanting to anger him.

"Stabbing, hanging, poisoning galore! Anybody could do anything to you while you were asleep, meaning that you would probably die! That's why it's in the school rules, so it wouldn't be too easy!" Monokuma giggled, as I turned around to meet his eyes. But something in that sentence caught my attention...

"School rules?" I questioned, not having heard anything of it before.

     Monokuma's eyes widened, and I swear I saw a lightbulb pop up above his head. Briefly.

     "Ah! I had forgotten!" He yelped, then disappeared just as quickly as he had came.

"Damnit! I still need-" I yelled, before being interrupted by Monokuma's face coming up on every single monitor in sight.

"Attention all Hope's Peak High School students! Please report to the gym, as I have forgotten to give you something important!" He giggled, and then the monitors switched off.

I blinked, then sighing, I walked off to the gym.

     A few minutes later I arrived, and soon enough, everybody else began piling in the room as well.

Luke, the red headed guy from earlier, started to speak. "We should do introductions after this is over, it'll make it a lot easier to communicate."