Chapter 53: A Wound For A Wound

Start from the beginning

"Leave her alone!" Lo'ak yells in broken English, his accent clear as day, but the words still come across, at least enough for any human to understand.

Quaritch looks over to the boy just briefly, a smirk forming on his face, instantly seeing the connection there. She may not be a Sully by blood, but she is by heart, and he thinks he might as well agitate the boy more.

"She doesn't seem like an importance to anyone. We have two of the Sully kids, and one child who likely could be the chiefs daughter, or some daughter of importance. But her, she's nothing. Do what you want with her than throw her overboard." Quaritch says, giving the avatar that is holding Esmyrie a wink to show he is joking at the actually order.

"No! Stop! Please don't! P-please!" Lo'ak yells, his eyes glistening with tears, his voice continuing to beg please over in over again, some in Na'vi, some in English.

Quaritch smirks, ordering the avatar to let go of Esmyrie, grabbing the girl instead, forcing her to move and kneel next to Lo'ak, soon cuffing her hands to the railing like everyone else.

"You step out of line, I put a bullet through her head. Got it?" Quaritch speaks in Na'vi, slowly but done so that Esmyrie understands the threat as well.

Lo'ak nods, but that doesn't seem like enough for the Colonel, and so he pulls a gun out and puts it to Esmyrie's temple.

"Got it?" Quaritch asks again, pushing the gun to the girls head, making Esmyrie tense and clench her eyes shut.

"Yes, sir." Lo'ak says quickly, his eyes moving frantically from the gun to Esmyrie.

Quaritch seems satisfied with that answer, moving the gun from the girls forehead, putting it back in his gun holster, moving away from the kids momentarily.

Lo'aks eyes instantly move over to the girl, trying to see if there are any visible injuries and his eyes harden when he sees the cut on her neck.

They hurt her.

Esmyrie appears to be shaking, probably from fear of not understand and having a gun pointed at her, and Lo'ak wishes he could move closer to comfort her, but he can't.

Part of Esmyrie wishes Eywa would make her have another vision, like she did with the villages burning and the Tulkun's death, but Esmyrie believes Eywa has no reason to show her, not when the vision is a reality and Esmyrie is experiencing it firsthand.

"Be brave." Lo'ak says, trying to keep everyone calm, knowing Tsireya also doesn't know English and Tuk looks on the verge of crying.

His eyes widen when he looks off into the distance, seeing a swarm of Na'vi, some on skimwings, some on Ilu's, all ready to protect them and fight for the death of their Tulkun.

"Dad!" Tuk yells in excitement.

Esmyrie watches ahead, her heart beating faster at the thought of the whole Clan coming to save them, and she hopes Neteyam is in the crowd, out of the water, somewhere safe. She sees though, that they go and stop, and Esmyrie looks towards Lo'ak with confusion, the boy holding the same expression.

Quaritch walks back towards Lo'ak, going towards his neck to grab the communication device, grabbing the ear piece from the boy too, inserting it into his ear, speaking into the microphone.

"Jake, tell your friends to stand down. You want your kids back, you come out alone." Quaritch reaches for the gun in his holster once more, bringing it down to Lo'aks head. "You know better than to test my result."

Lo'ak on instinct moves his head away from the gun, his eyes closing to try and calm his nerves.

"Lo'ak! No!" Esmyrie shouts, tugging at her binds, trying to get free. She briefly hears Tsireya yell for her friend, but her focus is on escaping and getting that gun away from her mate.