Part 3

The princess was taken from her home, treated like dirt and raised as a mercenary. No love, no family, no friends.... She had a gift they wanted to exploit, so she was raised to kill. Still a child, but not allowed to be one. She was a prisoner, yet they needed her. There was no escape and yet she wanted to break free. Only one way ahead and yet it was a path she did not want to take....

Rumors of a young Grimm... A Rein Grimm at that. Never had one been seen before. They weren't even heard of, not before three years ago. A Rein Grimm. Thomas Burkhardt and Kate Stanley  were murdered only months after the rumors started. The fact they'd only just had a child only added to the suspicions Marie Kessler had. While Thomas and Kate were found dead, the child was gone.... And now the rumors said that the Rein Grimm was killing Grimm and Wesen alike. It was too much of a coincidence for it to be a coincidence. "The child is alive" Marie Kessler muttered to herself. She had loved Thomas like a son, taken him and his brother Nicholas after their parents died. Thomas was fifteen at the time, Nick was twelve. Sadness creeps up on her whenever she thinks about the older Burkhardt boy.

She remembered how he had called her after his daughter had just been born. "It's a girl" he had said and then added "Aunt Marie..... She's a Grimm" Thomas had said with a hushed voice, slight panic slipping through. Her eyes had gone wide "A Rein Grimm" she had muttered "That's what the nurse said, yes." he had replied in that same hushed voice "Nurse? Does anyone else know?" She had asked "No. Just Kate, myself and that nurse. The nurse was a Fuchsbau, but she said she wouldn't tell anyone." Tom had replied. "This is bad, very bad" Marie had said "I know" He had replied.

Marie closed her eyes as she sat at the desk in her trailer, writing a letter addressed to Nicholas Burkhardt. Her last remaining nephew. Marie knew she was running out of time. Not only were they after her, her cancer had also become much much worse. Maybe months, maybe weeks, maybe days. She didn't know, all she knew was that she didn't have much time anymore and Nick deserved to know about his niece, he had to know. The child is alive and might be coming for him, this might be the only way to save the girl from Der Zirkel der Mondsichel and save her nephew in the process from being slaughtered by them. By her. 

Dear Nicholas,
If you're reading this it means that I'm dead.
You've become a Grimm and inherited this trailer.
You may think you've lost your last relative,
but that's not the case. You have a niece.
Thomas' daughter is alive and in danger.
She's a Rein Grimm.
Momentarily she's being held by Der Zirkel der Mondsichel 
(See page 174. I've marked the page with a blue tag)
Rumors are going around about a Rein Grimm killing Grimm.
That might be her.
Be careful Nick and I hope you'll be able to save her from them.

Love

Aunt Marie