7 - REVEAL

REVEAL

"Farewell Faker." Shadow whispered as the Blue in the distance disappeared.

"They're really good friends of yours, aren't they?" Amanda asked, Shadow nodded. "Shall we proceed with the tour?"

"Yes."

"Let's start from the bottom going to the top deck, shall we?" She smiles charmingly.

*****

"And this is the lower cabin, where the Doms in the crew stay in, with Mobians, they're separated by Dynamics, the left side are the Doms' rooms, and in the right are the Subs'." Shadow nodded. "I'm the only capable doctor on this ship, so you can come to me if you need anything medically, I'm always at the clinic, right beside the Captain's quarters."

"Miss Amanda!" A familiar red-furred Wolf yelled, behind him is a black and white Jackal, with heterochromatic eyes, and who's much taller than the Wolf.

"Yes, Gadget? Is something the matter? Hello Zero, how is your arm?" Amanda asks and the Jackal raised his bandaged arm for her to see.

"It's okay, it's healing pretty well." Amanda smiled and pat the Jackal's head.

"You're behaving quite well around Gadget, is it because he's a Sub?"

"Stop that." The Jackal hissed at the nurse, which she giggled at, before retracting her hand.

"Infinite, the famous mercenary Jackal?" Shadow said, as the others looked at him wide-eyed.

"You!? How do you know who I am!?" Gadget grabbed on the Jackal's arm to stop him from attacking the Hedgehog. After scanning and taking a good look at Shadow's appearance, recognizing the shorter Mobian, anger and venom filled his mind and words. "You... You're that striped Hedgehog!"

"Indeed, I am." He said coolly, crossing his arms in front of him.

"You took my group away from me!" He snapped, baring his fangs at the Hedgehog.

"Zero, calm down, please." Gadget soothed the older Mobian.

"Oh? Those Subs were under you? They've been taken to a shelter for Subs, they will stay there until they learn to fend themselves from unwanted Doms, I come to monitor them from time to time." Shadow said as he walked past the Jackal and the Wolf. "They're in a shelter in Green Hills."

An expression of relief came unto Zero's face.

"I... Thank you for taking care of them." He said in a low voice, as his ears lowered, embarrassed to say it out loud. Shadow inwardly grinned, his ears were sensitive to even the smallest sound, so he heard that loud and clear, he continued walking not looking back at the Jackal, Amanda following him.

"Sir, your room is near the Captain's cabin."

"Oh? On the top deck then?" Amanda nodded and they went on their way.

*****

"I'll leave you here for a while sir, I'll send someone to call you for lunch later." Amanda placed Shadow's bag on the table in the middle of the room.

"Okay." Shadow replied as he scanned the room, there was a bed against the wall, a nightstand beside it, there's also a blue and green hammock on the other side of the room, a wooden table that was screwed to the floor, and a large, metal framed, circular window beside the bed.

Shadow puts the boxes he's holding on the table before lying on the bed. The mattress was so soft, that he felt like he was lying on clouds. Were ship mattresses always this soft?

He sits up and reaches for the window, it was able to be opened. He opens the window meeting with the ocean's warm summer air.

Everywhere he turned his head, the water was blue as it reflected the sky.

He looked back at the table as he remembered the boxes he was holding not too long ago. He stands back up, and picks up the box he had received from Sonic, then sits back down on his bed.

The box was the classic gift box you receive on Christmas. The wrapper was of a brilliant blue, the ribbon a beautiful red. Untying the ribbon and removing the wrapper, before casting it aside, he slowly lifts the cover of the box.

Inside was a doll version of him. The fur of the doll was soft to the touch and was a beautiful, cobalt blue color, as its eyes shined its gorgeous emerald green.

Shadow's eyes widened at the founding. What was Sonic thinking? Gifting him a doll? He's not a kid anymore.

Disregarding that, the dark-furred Hedgehog lifted the mini Sonic out of the box and saw there was an envelope at the bottom of the box.

"A letter?" He wondered, asking himself, before putting the doll, the box, and the letter aside.

Shadow sighed and looked at the other box that he received. He contemplated whether to look at it now or later.

He shook his head and just went to get it, not wanting to be indecisive.

Maria's box wasn't wrapped, but the box itself had a light pink color. He opened the lid and there was an envelope inside, the sender's address was of a hospital and the name of a doctor that specializes in the Dynamics department.

Confused, he opened the letter and the contents shocked him.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Shadow Robotnik

DYNAMICS Diagnostics reveal that you are a:

SUB

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

03-08-2023