6 - LEAVING

LEAVING

            "See you in a few years Amelia!" Sonic waved at her. Amelia who decided to start using her real name, cheerfully waved back at him, happily accepting that he was just out of her reach, knowing that he was also a Dom.

            "You better come back, else I'll hunt you down!" She threatened with a large grin.

            "I will be back Ames." He chuckled. "I promise." He reassured.

            "You better, we will spar when you do." Knuckles said, giving Sonic a thumbs-up. "Show me the results of your training when you're back."

            "Bye-bye!!! We'll take good care of the city for you!" Miles waved both his hands up in the air, he was seated on Knuckles' shoulder.

            "Take care Sonic." Silver waved at the Blue Hero. "I'll come visit you once in awhile." The older Hedgehog nodded at the snow-colored Hedgehog.

            "Be sure to give that box to Shadow."

            "Count on me." Sonic nodded at him.

            "I'm looking forward to seeing you again." He smiled. "Goodbye everyone, take care." Sonic waved at them once again before he sped off.

*****

            "You got your things ready handsome?" Rouge asked Shadow.

            "Yes." He replied nonchalantly.

            "Make sure you restrain yourself from having too much coffee." She warned.

            "I will."

            "Do call me whenever you land in an island with signal."

            "Sure."

            "Do you have your suppressants? You need it."

            "I do."

            "Shadow..? Are you even listening?" Rouge sighed.

            "I am." The bat just rubbed her forehead with a groan.

            "You have the Chaos Emeralds right?" She asked.

            "I have."

            "Leave the green one with me."

            "Alright." Shadow pulled out the Chaos Emeralds from his pocket, one was silvery white, the other bright green, Rouge picked up the green one and pocketed it.

            "Well then." She hugged Shadow. "I'll see you in a while."

            Shadow stood still hesitating to hug his best friend back, before he buried his face on Rouge's shoulder and they stayed like that for a while until a loud siren was heard in the distance.

            The two pulled away and looked at each other, it was almost time for departure.

            "Let's go? I'll walk with you there." Rouge told him as she picked up Shadow's bag.