5 - MAD

MAD

"Ready Amelia?" Rouge held her hands to fly her up, while Shadow and Blaze got transported with Silver's Psychokinesis.

"Good luck!" Maria and Mark shouted when they all flew away.

"Where could have that creature come from? Any guess?" Mark asked Abraham. He nodded.

"There was a scientist in the past, that my father caught and imprisoned, though he escaped, through a carefully thought out plan, avoiding every guard and every CCTV possible. There's a chance that this name's familiar to scientists." The Commander says a name that catches Ivo's attention.

"I've heard of him, he has published a lot of books that states his experiments from 1 to more than a thousand experiments for making hybrids." Ivo said. "And they're all successful."

"Oh my." Maria looked at Ivo and then at Abraham.

"That's the one thing I know about him." The scientist crossed his arms. "He's a mad lad who combines 4 to 5 animals together to make one big mess of an animal then use a machine to turn them into giant monsters." Ivo says as he fixes up Maria's wheelchair. "Shall we go see them?" He asked.

"Don't bring her to where there's danger idiot." Mark scolded.

"No, it's alright, I wanna see Shadow in action one last time." Maria looked at her husband who could do nothing but sigh.

"Fine." He says before a large green tank, specifically a M-7 Self-propelled Howitzer came into view with G.U.N. agents moving citizens out of its way.

Abraham raised a hand to make the tank stop and said nothing before carrying Maria by himself and entering the tank. Ivo rolled his eyes as he folded Maria's wheelchair and entered the tank with Mark.

"Commander, may we know who're keeping the creature company?" Topaz, one of his Lieutenants, asked.

"Team Dark and Team Sonic are there to stop it, before it can start damaging the boardwalk." Topaz nodded at him.

"Where should we stop Commander?" The driver of the tank asked.

"Close to the boardwalk but far from danger."

"Understood."

*****

"Blaze! Defend Amy!" Rouge shouted as she blocks a blow from the creature's tail.

"Silver! Out of the way!" Shadow yelled, Silver flew away, out of a Chaos Spear that the ebony Hedgehog shot at the rampaging creature's way.

"Where are Sonic and the others?" Amelia asked as she dodged a tentacle that was later hit by a fireball that Blaze shot their way hitting the creature making it cry out in pain. "Good one Blaze."

"You're welcome."

"Silver!" Rouge shouted out as the creature charged at him but Silver disappeared before it could hit him, a red blur at its wake.

"Sorry for the late arrival." A deep and rough voice said.

"Knuckles!" Silver blinked up at him as he was carried bridal style.

"About time Knuckie, where's Big Blue?"

"With Tails, they went to get The Tornado, and you're not allowed to call me that around Tails." Rouge raised a brow at the red being before rolling her eyes.