Stethoscope

Cold. Solid. Ice? Firm. Metal?

Still dazed, you open your eyes and immediately shut them again. The sunlight pouring into your room was blinding, almost as blinding as the fact that Tom was using a stethoscope right under your collarbone.

"Thomas Sherlock, what do you think you are doing?"

"Saving your life, and this is what I get?" You look at him, confused.

"What are you talking about?" Taking the rubber ends out of his ear, he wraps the plastic around his neck.

"You almost drowned and were drugged." You gave him a look.

"No, I came home and was really tired, so I took a nap." He folds his arms.

"Oh really, so today is still Thursday?"

"Yes!" He shoves your phone in your face. Oh, it was Thursday all right. Your eyes widened.

"I've been asleep for a whole bloody week?!"

"In the hospital for five of those seven days." You raise your eyebrow, looking down at yourself then back at him.

"Explain the pajamas then." Immediately, Tom rose and started for the door.

"It was necessary. Mrs. Hudson wasn't home and Lestrade refused to come." But you both knew his cheeks were blushing and that he very well could have waited or even called Molly, but you let it go unspoken.

"Tom?" He turns back around. "So what happened with the phone calls? Did they stop?"

"They seemed to stop with you. And if you have no recollection of what happened, then we're at a dead end until the next case."

"I'm sorry that I can't help with this one." For a moment, Tom just stares at you, not knowing exactly how to answer. Was he to comfort for nothingness, agree and say her compromised experience is useless?

"I'm just glad you're safe."

Honesty, after all, was the best policy.