~14: Where She Lives a Little With Him~

Mulai dari awal

~~**~~

"I think I just won a date with you Fallon." Chase Michelson's cold voice had me crashing back into reality

I stood motionless as dread and panic consumed me.

This could not be happening.

No

Please no.

All the insecurities I'd felt in the past suddenly came rushing back.

Fallon the freak.

You're disgusting.

What are you wearing, that's so embarrassing.

I tried to tune it out, but the memories just kept invading my mind. Tearing me away piece by piece.

And then suddenly,

"Over my dead body will that ever happen."

I gasped.

Archer.

Chase's blue eyes narrowed. "The fuck is your problem, asshole?"

"You," Archer growled.

He was leaning against the back wall. He had put on a black T-shirt. His arms were crossed over his chest, and his posture was casual but his eyes flashed with barely contained rage.

He pushed himself off the wall and slowly stalked towards the stage till he was standing right in front of me. His stony expression seemed to soften a little when his eyes met mine.

"Whatever Chase Michelson bids, I'll double it," Archer stated, his voice low, his gaze not straying from me for even a second.

Chase chuckled coldly. "Fine, waste your money on dirty trash. I only bid on her because I felt sorry for her anyway."

It all happened in a blur.

One second Archer was standing in front of me, the next, he had Chase pinned to the floor.

People shouted in shock, some took their phones out and started recording.

I watched in horror as Archer drew his fist back and punched Chase square in the face.

Once.

Twice.

 I jumped off the stage and rushed towards them, a crowd had already gathered around eager to watch the fight that had broken out.

Archer, drew his fist back, ready to strike again. His knuckles were bloody. I'd never seen him this angry.

"Archer please stop!" I pleaded as tears streamed down my face.

His fist froze in mid-air. He turned his head to look at me.

Chase saw that as an opportunity. He elbowed Archer in the chest and wrestled him to the floor.

I screamed in horror as Chase's fist collided with Archer's jaw. My legs moved on their own accord. I tried to push Chase off  Archer but he only shoved me back with his elbow causing me to lose my balance. I yelped out in pain as I fell to the floor and landed painfully on my side.

The two of them continued to struggle and throw punches at each other. Chase had a busted lip and a black eye and Archer's nose was bleeding but they didn't stop.

"Alright kids, break it up!"

I watched as two police officers made their way towards us. I could see the blue and red lights of their cruiser reflecting through the window.

Behind the police officers, Sofia clutched her phone in her hand her lips drawn into a thin line.

~~**~~

I sat alone on the cold bench outside the police station.

Chase had left with his mom a while ago, thankfully he hadn't said anything to me when he'd seen me sitting here.

I scrambled to my feet when I saw Archer's familiar frame walking out, his parents walking close behind him.

"You should be thankful that they agreed not to put this on your permanent record. Do you have any idea what kind of impact an assault charge could have on your future? You would never be accepted into a respectable law school, no law firm would ever hire you." Mr. Hasting's voice echoed and I cringed.

Archer shook his head. "Sounds pretty good to me."

His mother gasped. "Archer Hastings how dare you say that! Aren't you ashamed of what you did?"

He stopped walking when he saw me.

"No, I'm not." He murmured, his eyes trained on me.

And then suddenly he was running.

Towards me.

His parents shouted after him but he didn't stop.

He didn't stop when he reached me, he just grabbed my hand and dragged me with him till I regained my senses and started running beside him.

He didn't stop.

So I just kept running too.

"What are we doing?" I gasped breathlessly as we raced down the sidewalk in the dark of the night.

He turned his head towards the sky and smiled.

"We're just living a little, Fallon."