Chapter 4: Bloody Mary

Start bij het begin

"After all, Crowley's had it coming for a while, now..." He added as he looked up at the ceiling and rubbed his hands together.

Hearing him mention his name made me even more confused, but also even more frightened.

"C-Crowley?"

The man and I stared at each other for a few seconds, until I furrowed my eyebrows slightly.

"... It was you freaks who attacked him back at the hotel, wasn't it? The ones who jumped him and riddled him with bullets?"

He closed his eyes and scoffed while he smiled; a self-satisfied smile, as if he was enjoying hearing me talk about what they had done to him.

"Of course, who else?" He said as he opened his eyes back and opened his arms widely.

"Why didn't you psychopaths just finish him off while you were at it?!" I shouted with unfiltered anger, not hiding from them or myself how much resentment I felt toward them. "Why did you have to leave him there to rot?!"

The man smiled further, seeming to take pleasure in my hatred as he slowly made his way in front of me.

"Because, my little worm..."

He stopped walking once he had arrived face-to-face with me, then reached for my face with one of his hands: very delicately, he rested his ice-cold palm against my left cheek, which sent shivers down my spine.

"... It's all part of the plan." He finished in a slow whisper, as cold as his touch.

He let go of my cheek in a way much less delicate than the one with which he had grabbed it, pushing my head back and making me grunt in pain. He began to slowly walk in circles around me, his heavy footsteps echoing throughout the room.

"Oh, believe me, we could've ended him back there. And believe me when I say we really wanted to."

He kept on pacing around me, but was now looking straight at me.

"But you..." He started while he slowly shook his head and opened his hands at me. "You're the perfect pawn in this game. You're the best thing we could've hoped for."

He came to a stop in front of me and I stared down into his soulless eyes.

"The little worm at the end of the hook... The bait."

Hearing his last word, I gulped out of instinct: a voice inside my head told me such a word was never a good sign.

"Heh, after all, why simply kill Crowley in cold blood when we can inflict so much more pain on him in the process?" He said with a chuckle. "So much more pain, that goes even beyond the physical plane..."

The longer I heard him speak, the more terrified I became, but not for myself: for Crowley. But I did not dare speak a word, so I simply listened to him talk in silence.

"First, keep a close watch on Crowley, and track his movements to know exactly where he's headed at any time." He declared as he raised his right index finger. "Second, launch a surprise attack on him as he's alone and injure him. Not enough to kill him, but leaving him wounded enough for him to have to resort to asking for the help of the human female who's unfortunate enough to have captured his heart."

I felt confused to see and hear him bluntly tell me what his plan was, but what was even weirder to me was why he would feel the need to point out that I was a 'human female'.

"Third, wait for her to get to the hotel and to help him out with his little Devil's Traps situation."

Upon hearing these words, I could not help but furrow my eyebrows in confusion, wondering what he was referring to: but I was too focused on registering what he was telling me, so I set my interrogations aside.