Flowers and Hostages

Start from the beginning

I couldn't explain to her why I had to leave so abruptly, but I hope she understands. Looking at my phone I see where she's called several times since last night, but I don't have any free time to really talk to her, and in some places I can't even have a phone.

The meeting is underway and it get pretty serious really quick. I'm told that Agent Shaw is wanted and is considered a trader and an enemy of the state. Something's are not adding up, recalling various conversations and interactions I've had with Shaw things aren't panning out.

Looking at my phone Janell has called 4 times.

"Agent Maxwell, is there anything you would like to add."

Looking up from my phone I answer, "no sir, not at this time".

The meeting is dismissed and I head to my office to check my email and to grab a few reports before I head home. It's about a two hour drive back so I'm ready to get on the road.

I get to Janell's place about an hour after Bishop and Avery. Knocking on the door Tracy let me in, giving her a quick hug I head towards the voices. Seeing Janell I scoop her into a hug. And hand her a second bouquet of flowers.

"Hey babe I'm so sorry for missing your calls I've been so busy lately. So these are for you." Looking around the girls place it looks nice I can tell that it's coming along.

"Guys I may have a job, that's why I've been so busy lately it's research and stuff like that, but I'm excited about it."

"Honey, that's great!" Janell said.

"Let's order some food I'm hungry," said Mercedes as she and Avery were watching a movie in the living room.

Grabbing takeout menus we all look through them, we decided on Kings Pizza. Janell and I decided to go pickup the food. Since NewYork, I've been very busy, with evaluations, reinstatement, and work, everything has been moving at top speed.

Heading towards Kings Pizza I turn down the radio so I can talk to Janell.
"So you ready for a great year. It going to be a little easier now that your in the swing of things."

"Maverick, I guess, but I'm not as concern about school as I am about us."

Taking Janells hand I look at her and I can see the concern on her face. Truly I can understand her concern, but it's not needed it she and I are okay. I just can't express my true concern, my job at the CIA. It's getting more stressful by the day, but having these moments with Janell makes everything okay.

I remember right after we came back from NYC, I drove Janell home. I met her parents, sisters and brother. It was a really good time. Her family and I got along well. Senaca was a little skeptical at first he took me to the garage to have a man to man, gotta respect a little brother looking out for big sis.

"Maverick, I know you like my sister Nel, and that cool, but if you break her heart just know I will come for you. I've talked to Bishop and he said you good people so if Bishop trust you then I'm cool, but please believe what I say.

"Senaca I believe you man, and I do care about your sister and for you to trust me to be with her means a lot to me. I have a younger sister and I'm super protective when it comes to her so I understand."

"Is she cute?"

"Who?"

"Your sister man!"

"Yes, she's cute and happily married to one of my best friends. Hey who's car is this, what it's a 77 Mustang."

" I'm not sure it's my dad."

"Who's talking about me."

"Sir, I was just asking about this car it's a beauty does it run."