Heejin looked her dead in the eye, and Hyunjin gulped, her eyes averting down at their own will. A bang pounded in Heejin's chest, a sound Hyunjin was so used to whenever they were alone.

"You said the heart can denounce people," Hyunjin said. "I can always listen to yours, faster, stronger. Like now"

Heejin reached for Hyunjin's neck, her nails gently scratching on the roots of her hair and her thumb pressing on her pulse point.

"I may not be able to listen to yours, but I can feel it. It's beating just as fast."

"I know. I can feel it myself." It had been Heejin's deep voice that sent it on a rampage, and how slow she was getting closer. "If you could listen to it, you would know it always beats like this when I'm with you."

"Why is that?" Heejin's voice was but a whisper now.

Hyunjin might be opening herself up to Heejin and her own feelings, but she was still a tsundere, and she would not answer that question.

Her heart had already denounced her, so why bother anymore? Only the Goddess knew for how long Hyunjin had wanted nothing more than Heejin, and she was watching over them, blessing them in that same moment. The full moon shone upon them as Hyunjin pulled Heejin closer, her eyes shutting when their lips were just an inch away.

Just the feeling of Heejin's lips on hers was enough to send Hyunjin to the moon, but when they moved and Heejin cupped her cheek as she deepened the kiss, Hyunjin's empowered senses made it ten times more overwhelming. So much that she had to pull away, because her whole body felt like it was on fire.

"S-Sorry, I thought... You wanted it," Heejin said.

Hyunjin inhaled, shame washing over her. "I-I do! It's exactly that! I am sorry, Heejin, it's just... My senses."

They locked eyes, and Heejin's widened. "Hyunjin, your eyes... Did I do something wrong?"

"Not at all." Hyunjin knew how they shone yellow, she could feel them the second Heejin's lips touched hers. Heejin frowned. "When this happened before, I lied to you. It was not because I smelled blood on your arm, or because I was angry, even though I was actually angry."

"Then... why?"

Hyunjin gulped.

"You mean... Oh." Heejin's frown dissipated. "When you helped me with my t-shirt, and when you touched my scar. You were... I didn't know your eyes could activate because of that."

"They activate with a lot of strong sensations, like anger, or in bloodlust... Or just... plain old lust." Hyunjin slid her hands across her own face. "I'm sorry, I couldn't control it. You're just..."

Heejin irked an eyebrow. "I'm just?"

"Too damn beautiful and attractive, Heejin."

There was silence for a few seconds, and Hyunjin couldn't bring herself to look at her.

"I'm glad I'm not a vampire then, because if I was, my eyes would have done that so many times with you already. You would have read me long ago."

Hyunjin faced her again. Though it should have made her heart rampant to hear her put in words what she had hoped to hear from her, it only made her calm, at ease. At home.

"Can I try again?" Heejin whispered.

Hyunjin took a deep breath and nodded.

The same feeling overwhelmed her again, but she fought it and kissed Heejin back with the same intensity, letting a hand pull her body against hers and another dug on her silky brown locks. The same fire prickled under Hyunjin's skin, but not unbearably so anymore.