Chapter 77: Meeting with Senators, the New Business Proposition

Y/N POV

Cato Neimoidia, home world of the Neimoidians and a central system for the Trade Federation. Officially, it took a neutral stance in the war, much like the corporation that called the system its home. However even then, I couldn't afford to not be discrete.

I'd come to this planet to discuss a new business investment between my own Shipwright's Guild, the Trade Federation, the Banking Clan and the Geonosian Droid Foundries. Gunray had told me of the deal, though he himself wouldn't be attending.

I still had to have caution though. The Senator I was meeting, Lott Dod held no-liking of the Republic despite holding a seat in the Senate, however I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of espionage at work.

That's why all I brought was my starfighter, the Reaper, to avoid any prying eyes. I descended into the planet's atmosphere and began travelling towards Dodd's abode. I will admit, Cato Neimoidia had some of the nicest scenery in the galaxy. The cities were built on platforms connected to mountains high about the cloud line.

Soon the landing platform came into view, and it was here I saw a sight that made my eyes narrow. There were two platforms, the main one held a ship very much of Naboo design! Now I knew it was wise to exercise caution. What was Senator Amidala doing here?!

This must have been why I'd been urged to land at the rear platform, on the other side of the building. I was proven right as I saw a lone Neimoidian waiting patiently. It wasn't Dodd himself though.

Landing, I released the hatch and climbed out of the ship. It was at this point the Neimoidian greeted me. "Minister L/N. Senator Dodd regrets that he is unable to meet you here in person. The remaining delegates arrived already, I shall take you to them now." He bowed as I nodded, saying "Very good."

Image of the Neimoidian:

The Neimoidian turned and I followed him off the landing platform

The Neimoidian turned and I followed him off the landing platform. We entered into the large structure. It soon became apparent that Dodd was very proud of flaunting his wealth to any guests that may appear on his doorstep. 

I chose to ask the aide "How long have the others been here?" To that he explained "Archduke Poggle arrived hours ago, the Banking Clan's Senator arrived mere moments ago. They were just about to go over the new proposition."

We followed the corridor along until we came along to a large open entrance room. The Neimoidian spoke, "They are just through here." I nodded and was lead towards a room just off shooting from the main hall.

Inside was a hologram projector and three figures stood around it. The aide informed "Sirs, Minister L/N is here." This caught the attention of the figures. One of which stepped forward and greeted "Greetings Minister, I'm pleased you found your way here.

Lott Dod, the Trade Federation's Senator, I'd only met him via hologram in the past. And I'll admit, he was perhaps one of the few Neimoidian's I held a respect for. The fact that he could STILL hold his seat in the Senate and claim neutrality was impressive.